WTF.....S007 just crapped itself

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Earl

I'm going to stick with what's I've got. My main camera will be my Hasselblad 503 and will use the unreliable S007 as a back up.

The Hasselblad 503 was a real pain in the ass to drag around Ragasthan but when I look at the files I think f@ck it........ the enjoyment I get from using the 503 and processing the negs out weighs the lugging the sh!t around. As long as I'm fit enough I will keep doing it as well as bitching about it every time I have to lug it around.

At the end of the day it's what comes out of the printer that matters and as of now I prefer the look of my film prints over my digital ones :) :)

Ever considered the Mamiya 7? One of the best MF film camera for travel, with best of the best lenses, film flatness, vibration free leaf shutter etc etc. Edited by Jon Warwick

The Mamiya 7ii is one of my all time favorites. It's light, amazing rangefinder, metered and 6x7! The images from the 80 are some of the best I've ever taken. I recently picked up the 43 and 65 and look forward to them. It's a perfect travel system and creatively with double exposures and large negatives it never disappoints. I think it's a great compliment to a S when you want film and something a little different.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Update

I handed in my S007 to Leica Malaysia and they gave me a loaner 16 days ago (Leica Malaysia said I can only have the loaner for a maximum of 1 month), and my camera body has still not reached berlin yet WTFIIWL :( :( :(

I'm heading to the UK in 3 weeks time and taking either my 007 or the loaner and will defiantly not hand back the loaner until I get my camera back.

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Just got an email from Customer Service, and they are sending me a brand new S007 to replace my faulty unit.......................I'm starting to feel the love again :) :)  

• Like 1

Just got an email from Customer Service, and they are sending me a brand new S007 to replace my faulty unit.......................I'm starting to feel the love again :) :)

I guess 2 weeks/months later we can expect to see another thread about the crappy Leica service and how X1D changed the world. Just decide for yourself and move on. 

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I guess 2 weeks/months later we can expect to see another thread about the crappy Leica service and how X1D changed the world. Just decide for yourself and move on. 

Looking at the amout of posts you have I assume you are some sort of expert with regards to the customer service.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

One does not need to post to read the many on/off threads you have had with your S cameras over the past while ;-)

john

Exactly..................Thank you John.

There is light at the end of the tunnel after all :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

So I picked up my replacement Leica S007 this morning. I deleted my old one from the Leica owners website and registered my new one. Spent 15 minutes setting up the menus and were ready to go.

Thank you Leica for doing the right thing............I hope that anyone else that has any issues with there Leica S or in fact any Leica gear get the same kind of loving attention that I have received from Leica in Berlin.

Neil

Seems that Canon may be recasting its service department as a business/strategic opportunity....  http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2016/12/service-and-support-coming-at-ya.html

Words can come back to haunt if expectations are not met.  I'd like to see Leica step up to the table.....words and action.  The S system would be a good place to start....and not just for 'professionals'.

Jeff