M8 back from Wetzlar

Ernstk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got my M8 back today, fresh from a very complete overhaul at Wetzlar.

The camera had been dropped, irreparably damaging the LCD screen. I replaced the screen myself. It had also developed an intermittent shutter fault.

While diagnosing the shutter problem, it was also discovered that the sensor had been knocked out of tolerance and the viewfinder was out of alignment. There were also dead pixels.

All of these issues have been repaired, as well as a general clean, adjust and new software installation.

It wasn't cheap (760 Euros) but I now have a factory fresh M8, with a touch of brassing...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

The grassing looks really nice too, enjoy the new camera.

Curious to see before it went Wetzlar?

Thanks. It looked exactly the same! They didn't do anything to it cosmetically, it was all internal work.

Ernst

Ernst,

I am surprised nobody caught the key phrase, "I replaced the screen myself."  May we request more details, especially where you were able to source parts?

Thank you.

Eric

I bought a used M8 with a damaged shutter but with a good screen. I swapped the rear halves of the camera over, giving me a working screen.

I posted a thread about doing it. I'm just going out for the evening. I'll find it later and post the link to it.

Ernst

Ernst,

I am surprised nobody caught the key phrase, "I replaced the screen myself."  May we request more details, especially where you were able to source parts?

Thank you.

Eric

Here it is. It starts at post #25

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/259525-replace-m8-shutter-or-lcd-rear-screen/page-2

Ernst

• Like 1