Price increase

pedaes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Guys this is a price increase thread on a leica forum. Not a political debate guys. The OP just asked whether there was a price increase and the price increase was due to the devaluation of the GBP. Which ofcourse was most likely impacted by the Brexit vote. 

Which makes it a political issue ?

One good thing from a Leica price increase is that second hand lenses could increase in price. Like many on this forum I have acquired too much gear and a clear out is overdue.

What help do Leica need ? I am sure Leica and LFI can manage perfectly well . If they can not " so be it" An industry will spring up of ex employees repairing and maintaining existing equipment and Canon and Nikon will gain a few extra sales.

?  I am not sure what you are talking about. This does not address the point I made in any respect.

William

Cruises, Cars, Cameras, or whatever I choose..

Do you seriously believe that all Leica owners are cruise going, car changing, camera collecting, fountain pen drooling, more money than sense kind of people ? 

It's unfortunately not my case anyway !

When you suggested that the solution is to adapt I didn't realize that you had to adapt your choice on the destination of your next cruise !!  ;)

• Like 1

Do you seriously believe that all Leica owners are cruise going, car changing, camera collecting, fountain pen drooling, more money than sense kind of people ? 

It's unfortunately not my case anyway !

When you suggested that the solution is to adapt I didn't realize that you had to adapt your choice on the destination of your next cruise !!  ;)

Re:- Para1--not all.

I'm sorry you are not in the top earners sector..

I'm 75, (retired 3 times) In 2000 I again returned to world of getting up & earning a wage..(Boredom is a killer).. Through the years I have invested and saved.. I now reap the benefits, whilst I can easily afford a Jag, a cruise (Seattle/Alaska) and the delicious SL, the cruise & SL are now penciled in for mid 2017. My 2015 Challenger will stay for the foreseeable future.. L

• Like 1

Oh come on" you partake in the high end market, how on earth will things be tough for you??

The mind boggles at your insincerity"" -

Frankly the mind boggles at your pomposity.

I've been an image maker for my entire working life. There have been good times and tough times, cameras have had to earn their keep. No doubt there are those here who can indulge their whims at will but I'm certainly not one of them. Please don't make the mistake of thinking anyone who is using a Leica camera is a fat cat.

• Like 1

Frankly the mind boggles at your pomposity.

I've been an image maker for my entire working life. There have been good times and tough times, cameras have had to earn their keep. No doubt there are those here who can indulge their whims at will but I'm certainly not one of them. Please don't make the mistake of thinking anyone who is using a Leica camera is a fat cat.

Ok..

Nothing to do with the above. Simply different legal systems.

I am certain that the German system 'permits' but does not 'require' such behaviour. The choice is with LFI to treat its customers well or not. Unfortunately, it has chosen the latter. The sending and charging for goods on an unsolicited basis is illegal in a lot of countries.

William

However I think the members of the Common Market have enough of their own problems and don't need to worry about ours.

But isn’t that the very topic of this thread? Repercussions of the referendum? “Is this universal or a UK thing.”, that was the question. And yes, it is a UK thing and nothing anyone outside the UK can do anything about.

Brexit means Brexit. And higher prices for imported goods.

That is comparing apples and oranges. Higher prices for imported goods are due to a weaker UK currency. While that may be attributed to Brexit right now, currency fluctuations have occurred in the past and will occur in the future, with or without Brexit. The only way to avoid them is a common currency.

Andy

• Like 1

That is comparing apples and oranges. Higher prices for imported goods are due to a weaker UK currency. While that may be attributed to Brexit right now, currency fluctuations have occurred in the past and will occur in the future, with or without Brexit. The only way to avoid them is a common currency.

Andy

That's only part of the picture. A floating currency (there are still fixed currencies - HK dollar) willl fluctuate based on perceived returns by traders and more generally faith in that currency. For trading nations (my country for instance) large trade deals in NZ dollars will have a direct impact on the exchange rate.

Brexit was always going to hit the pound as the perceived wisdom is that leaving the EU would be bad news for the UK economy.

The reality is there is no point in crying over spilt milk - May has confirmed she will issue the Article 50 notice, and the consequences will flow from that. The immediate reaction is that the Pound Sterling is less attractive. The future will almost certainly be different as the UK and EU learn to live with a new reality.

That reality certainly won't be affected long term by some of the churlish behaviour we have seen recently.