Panasonic DMC-LC1 Viewfinder Mirror Stuck

potato

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My Panasonic DMC-LC1 broke.

After some time checking everything i have concluded that the Viewfinder Mirror mechanism has broke.

As you can see from the picture when liveview is activated it opens up the sensor, however the front part & the small mirror between the front & sensor is blocking the view (if you slide the front part from your left to right it reveals a small mirror which can slip up/down. What i figure is when the sliding part should be interlocked with the small mirror so when it slides to the right the mirror goes down and when you activate Viewfinder it releases a lock on the small mirror so it goes back up.

However something inside the locking mechanism broke (can hear small plastic moving around), and now the sliding & small mirror is always blocking the sensor. On the viewfinder everything looks OK but viewfinder & final photo shows blocked image.

I'm guessing this is due to wear & tear as by default everytime the camera is powered down it will release the lock so mirror & slider goes up & to use the liveview you have to deactivate the viewfinder mirror. I'm not sure if most DSLR has this setup but this definitely wears out the parts.

I'm not sure how much it'd cost to repair the broken part (since i couldn't find anything online regarding such issue), so i'm wondering if there's any user that has faced such problems?

I'm thinking of maybe removing the whole slider & small mirror as i don't really use the viewfinder and even if i replaced it it will break eventually. But i'm not sure if this is possible. Either way i can't do it on my own (cutting the parts out might work but it will create dusts & particles & risk damaging the sensor)

ZMIRROR.JPG