Hektor 2.8cm Hood

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I couldn't find anything related to hektor 2.8cm 6.3 hood. I have a few of these lenses,1 older nickel plated and 2 newer that are chrome. I like the images that the lens can create particularly in color.

I've never used a lens hood as I don't have one. However the latest lens came with a Zeiss plastic hood that looks similar to the leica hood but it is unthreaded and I think 27 or 27.5 mm so it will fall out. I think a previous owner-user used it as the hood for the hektor but I was unable to locate an adapter for it.

Has anyone tried using this Zeiss Ikon Stuttgart 1103 hood ? ( It might be 1183 )

Pics attached.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The 'correct' or intended hood for the 2.8cm Hektor is the Leica SOOHN. They are rare and hence very expensive. This example here is even more expensive than usual because it is a New York version.

http://www.leicashop.com/vintage_jp/soohn-hood-2-8cm-hektor-new-york-f-leica-sku20934-6.html

I have a SOOHN in not such good condition for which I paid a lot less than this. With hoods for particular lenses it is always possible to find another hood that works. I don't have the Zeiss hood mentioned above but if you have one that fits you should give it a try.

William

• 4 weeks later...

Acquired an inexpensive 34mm screw in hood for Hektor 2.8cm

Looks ok. Pretty well made. Similar shape to SOOHN

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thomas, I'm not sure I understand your post - will the Super Angulon hood fit the 2,8cm Hektor?

Otherwise I guess one of those Chinese 34mm screw-in hoods would fit (unless I'm mistaken on the size of the Hektor).

I really like mine (a late coated f/22 version) but it does need a bit of a leg-up to deal with flare.

Philip