Nice present from leica

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just went to pick up my 30mm lens that had the buggered AF motor and with compliments from Leica Customer Service Team there was a 100 years of Leica photography book plus a 8GB leica monochrome memory stick :)

51d8929b5b1ef3d9f8b34b7700beb27c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Just went to pick up my 30mm lens that had the buggered AF motor and with compliments from Leica Customer Service Team there was a 100 years of Leica photography book plus a 8GB leica monochrome memory stick :)51d8929b5b1ef3d9f8b34b7700beb27c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great gesture. That sets the benchmark for others that are facing S troubles!

Let's see if they oblige.

That sets the benchmark for others that are facing S troubles!

That's a pretty low bar for a benchmark gesture.  I think other folks who have posted about multiple lens failures, covering months of service on each, might not all be so enthused.

Communicating the exact nature of the problem, along with steps being taken to solve it, might be a better 'gesture'.

Glad that Neil is happy, though.....he has a lot of resilience.

Jeff

• Like 3

That's a pretty low bar for a benchmark gesture.  I think other folks who have posted about multiple lens failures, covering months of service on each, might not all be so enthused.

It was a two week turnaround door to door to get the AF on my 120/2.5 replaced, I live in Europe.

john

• 2 weeks later...

Are the still handing out those surplus books? It must be years. Funny USB stick, though. :). I still miss the Leica Gummibärchen :lol:.

The M USB stick was part of the Press Kit at the centenary as well. A neat way to provide copies of the documents but also some printable iconic photographs, images of every camera model etc too. I guess they were used at Photokina as well?

There could be a collection, TUSB, QUSB, SLUSB, SUSB?? The SUSBc for the new MacBook Pro's could have a titanium keychain and 128GB at least ;-)

Edited by hoppyman

There could be a collection, TUSB, QUSB, SLUSB, SUSB?? The SUSBc for the new MacBook Pro's could have a titanium keychain and 128GB at least ;-)

Not sure where you are going to stick the USB stick in the new Apple laptops... These are no longer pro machines I am afraid :(

Haah, well you wont be able to put an SD card in the New MacBook Pro but there will probably be some kind of stylish, expensive, inconvenient adapter for Thunderbolt 3 to use all of the millions of now incompatible USB devices and SD cards

Another adaptor??? That I will refuse. Enough is enough.