The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Leica Summaron-28 just announced and listed <merged>

• Please log in to reply
633 replies to this topic

#621 Nowhereman

Nowhereman

Benutzer

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:53

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

...and here is the B&W version:

Attached Files

• christoph_d said thank you to this

#622 Mike Rawcs

Mike Rawcs

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 13:52

I like both versions, Mitch, thank you. I check out your Instagram feed often.

Mike.

#623 Wonzo

Wonzo

M User

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 14:02

...and here is the B&W version:

Is the mast in the middle of the picture really bent like this ?

#624 Nowhereman

Nowhereman

Benutzer

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 17:23

LeicaPassion - I thought you might want to see the color version of the picture. 

Leica M10 | Summaron 28 | ISO 1600 | f/5.6 | 1/750 sec

@MIke Rawcs - thanks for the kind words. Very few comments on Instagram — is it worthwhile posting there?

@Wonzo - Yes, telephone pole is leaning like that.

On RFF Maggie O suggested that, for the B&W version, I should try a red filter in Silver Efex. Although this if off-topic, here it is:

Attached Files

#625 ropo54

ropo54

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 18:14

@Wonzo - Yes, telephone pole is leaning like that.

So, it seems, are some of the trees, particularly nearer the house.

#626 Mike Rawcs

Mike Rawcs

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 18:31

Mitch, I've just started to use Instagram (miklrawcliffe and to watch a few people, particularly if the use it and also have a website that I view often. My first impressions are that I like it, I particularly like to see what people are doing on a daily basis. A photographers website tends to show their 'greatest hits' and you have usually seen them (if established) before in books, magazines etc. I'd much rather see work in progress, it reminds me that we all usually have to put in a lot of hard work and effort to get into situations that produce 'greatest hits'.

As for is it worthwhile? I think it is a good way to produce a visual diary and to share my photographs with my one follower (a mate in Canada) lol. Magnum photos and lensCulture have between them produce a guide to Instagram and, apparently, the way to gain an audience is to use hashtags. You can also use submittable hashtags to submit to groups. The guide says that magazine picture editors use Instagram to look for photographs from places in the news.

To return to topic, I've had my M10 for a couple of months now and i absolutely love it. I use the Leica thumb rest and just shoot as I used to when using film Leicas.

• Nowhereman said thank you to this

#627 jonatdonuts

jonatdonuts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 14:00

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has applied the new lens correction profile in lightroom / photoshop for the Summaron 5.6? Does it completely remove the vignette?

Thanks

#628 Nowhereman

Nowhereman

Benutzer

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 14:16

The lens correction profile does not automatically remove the vignetting, but applying the profile manually you can easily remove it. However, I find that the vignetting is part of the character of this lens that I haven't wanted to remove.

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

#629 jonatdonuts

jonatdonuts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 14:35

The lens correction profile does not automatically remove the vignetting, but applying the profile manually you can easily remove it. However, I find that the vignetting is part of the character of this lens that I haven't wanted to remove.

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

Agree, though there will be certain times I would want to easily remove the vignetting from the top corners of blue sky. So the lens correction profile doesn't touch vignetting at all? Just distortion? 

Many thanks again

#630 Exodies

Exodies

Picturer

• Premium Member
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted Yesterday, 00:30

For me, the lens isn't automatically detected in Lightroom, although it is identified correctly in the EXIF data. This means I have to select the lens profile manually for the corrections.

#631 Nowhereman

Nowhereman

Benutzer

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted Today, 02:50

M10 with Summaron f/5.6 28mm, ISO 1600

Attached Files

• Mike Rawcs said thank you to this

#632 Exodies

Exodies

Picturer

• Premium Member
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted Today, 06:19

Quite a bit of distortion in the centre of the image :)
  • ianman and Wonzo said thank you to this

#633 Mike Rawcs

Mike Rawcs

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted Today, 08:26

Quite a bit of distortion in the centre of the image :)

The slightly open doors do look odd, they aren't closed properly. The frame around the doors looks fine to me. The overall character of the lens is pleasing to my eye and I imaging that people buy it for the look of the photographs rather than having a clinical look (as I'm sure you are aware of).

#634 ianman

ianman

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationUK - BE - FR

Posted Today, 08:45

The slightly open doors do look odd, they aren't closed properly. The frame around the doors looks fine to me. The overall character of the lens is pleasing to my eye and I imaging that people buy it for the look of the photographs rather than having a clinical look (as I'm sure you are aware of).

I think he was joking ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic