Leica Summaron-28 -image thread

helged

Advertisement (gone after registration)

But where do you put the 50 when you have the Summaron attached to the camera? ;)

The plan is to only put the Summaron on when needed, for such brief periods the 50 goes into an empty front pants pocket and returns to the camera after WA use. Before anyone asks, yes with rear and front caps. Regards, Ron

Not at this point, but there are many discussion on the net about suitable filters for Monochrom cameras - not to mention software programs for similar results.

A lot of trial and error for the best results.......as in printing!

I am aware of many discussions on the net, I also regularly use contrast filters with my M246 and lenses with standard filter threads (39, 46 &49) my question was did you consider any filter for contrast adjustment considering old fashioned 34mm filter thread on Summaron, did you come to a working solution without resorting to hunting ancient filters on eBay or sheer luck finding one?

I am aware of many discussions on the net, I also regularly use contrast filters with my M246 and lenses with standard filter threads (39, 46 &49) my question was did you consider any filter for contrast adjustment considering old fashioned 34mm filter thread on Summaron, did you come to a working solution without resorting to hunting ancient filters on eBay or sheer luck finding one?

Still waiting for my 28 Summaron so have no sense of what it may take to get the tonality I like.

I will say that my MM1 amazes me at the RAW images right out of the camera - processed in Capture One.

Usually they require next to no PP for the results I like.

However, people's expectation/requirements are personal and subjective.

Edited by 4X5B&W

• 1 month later...

Finally had time to collect my Summaron this weekend... here is the first photo I took when I got out of the shop. I was really dull in London on Friday and here in Devon, it hasn't improved much yet.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

The 5.6 is going to take a bit of getting used to (and also the numerous close ups of my focusing finger !!), but even in challenging light it's capable of quite decent results.

M9 - Summaron 28mm 5.6

M9 - Summaron 28mm 5.6

• Like 5

View from my balcony

M8 with 28mm Summaron f5.6

• Like 1

Light improved a little today...

M9 - Summaron 28mm 5.6

• Like 7

M9 - Summaron 28mm 5.6

• Like 14

M9 - Summaron 28mm 5.6

attachicon.gifL1000346_ird_004.jpg

Seamless foreground to distant depth of field, with no ugly OOF aberrations......exactly why this "classic" design is such an interesting lens.

The pixel peepers might not be rushing out to buy one, that's because they are too obsessed with the ultimate sharpness......that would compromise this wonderful "look" of the Summaron 28 - revisited   :)

Absolutely thrilled with mine........thank you Leica for thinking outside of the box   :rolleyes:

Edited by 4X5B&W
  • Like 7

Or use this one https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/Fish-Eye-Takumar-18mm-F11.html

oops it's fish-eye, no Leica sorry

Oh... leica has to one-up. A Summaron 24mm f16 will be the ideal unique lens, then.

5699$ is also a great price-point. Just outside everyone's budget except for the few fortunate non-shooters.

Of course, the latest Uruhi mother of pearl finish should be available. Extra 12,909$.

• 3 weeks later...
  • jaapv changed the title to Leica Summaron-28 -image thread