Organising your files

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I startet shooting analogue again at the beginning of the year, and (sadly, as far as my wallet is concerned) think that I am now hooked.

I do however have one question : if, like me, you use Lightroom for your analogues/scans as well as digital photos, how can you feed LR with the most important EXIF Data ? I am not thinking about Aperture or speed, which I rarely note, but more of the basics such as Film, NativeSpeed, Speed at which it was shot, push/pull information ?

thank you

Mono

You could use key wording, which I believe can be done at the time of import. I'm too lazy for that, or I don't remember, so what I do is number each roll of film, and then when I scan it I name the file Roll#_Image#, so for instance a file might be called 34_02. Then on the actual negative which is sleeved, I have a little sticker that has the roll number, date, EI and developer on it.

None of that information is in LR though, but if I'm curious I can go back and look at what film I used for a particular shot.

On the other hand, I'm sure you can get plugins to edit the exif in a way that will suit.

I use keywords (but in Bridge) for these things. They're also recognised when uploaded to Flickr, though that may not apply to you. 

I will only assign a few keywords, trying to keep it simple.

br

Philip

Hello, I startet shooting analogue again at the beginning of the year, and (sadly, as far as my wallet is concerned) think that I am now hooked. I do however have one question : if, like me, you use Lightroom for your analogues/scans as well as digital photos, how can you feed LR with the most important EXIF Data ? I am not thinking about Aperture or speed, which I rarely note, but more of the basics such as Film, NativeSpeed, Speed at which it was shot, push/pull information ? thank you Mono

• Like 1