X2 v X type 113

Tonkerdog

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all

I'm trying to get a second camera for an inement trip to Switzerland. I used to have 113, but sold it and got a Q.

I can pick up a reasonable X2 for say £550, or an 133 for about £7-800. Money is an object so I've got to take that into consideration, but having never used an X2 I'm unsure about its relative quality v the X113.

I'm aware one is newer, but based on the price which is better value for money?

Regards Chris

• Like 1

Just my thoughts: The only advantage to the X2 is size. The 113 has a faster lens, better and faster auto focus, and will render wonderful images.

FWIW, though, I'm not sure you'd shoot with either of these if you have the Q with you. And, you have the built in view finder with the Q.

Back to your initial question, for the money, I'd choose the 113 unless the versatility of the X2 size is an imperative.

Rob

• Like 1

This may not be a valid criterion, but judging from the online photos which I've seen, I prefer the IQ of the X2.

This is off topic, but I think that a far better companion for your Q than either the X2 or 113 would be the X Vario. I like mine so much that I'm tempted to sell the X2.

I had a T with the zoom lens, and I regret selling it. If my Q was so limiting in this situation(fixed 28mm), I'd not be looking forward to a future M and its myriad of lens choices.

I'm aware that's the Leica way, and am happy to compromise but it can be so limiting. A distant Matterhorn awaits!

I think I'll save my money, thanks for all your comments.

This may not be a valid criterion, but judging from the online photos which I've seen, I prefer the IQ of the X2.

This is off topic, but I think that a far better companion for your Q than either the X2 or 113 would be the X Vario. I like mine so much that I'm tempted to sell the X2.

I'd disagree : I found the 113 to be more versatile with the better autofocus and faster lens so that it was more "effective". Not much difference between the best shots with each in terms of color, clarity, etc . . . 

I'd agree that the X Vario would be a better complement because of the variable lens.  

I'd disagree : I found the 113 to be more versatile with the better autofocus and faster lens so that it was more "effective". Not much difference between the best shots with each in terms of color, clarity, etc . . . 

I'd agree that the X Vario would be a better complement because of the variable lens.  

I don't disagree with your assessment of the 113.

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just seeing this-  cameras are so personal and I guess all part of the journey for this serial camera lover.  I went to look at a Q when I found and fell for the X113.  it was sitting on the shelf beside the Q.  No question the Q with full frame is higher res and the Q is a formidable camera.  For me the X113 does fine and feels way better ergonomically.  I had an X1 years ago and also loved that camera, the handling and IQ (enlargements I made look great).

With the 113 I can get by without the EVF but I have the Viso EVF when I need it- and it is really nice to work with.  I also have a 36mm finder and use that out in the street.  I find the faster lens on the X 113 nice to have and the camera is a nice compliment currently to my MM.

Why not try to catch one of those amazing X-E offers in the Netherlands?.

I got a few weeks ago at Amsterdam airport a brand new silver color X-E including the nice 130€ case for 750€.

The seller even included a second battery and an SD card.

Amazing little camera that is not only used by my 9yo daughter but also by me if I need to go compact :-)

The X-E can be put in my jacket pocket, but an X113 certainly not (but this depends on the size of your pockets of course)

John

Edited by satijntje
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why not try to catch one of those amazing X-E offers in the Netherlands?.

I got a few weeks ago at Amsterdam airport a brand new silver color X-E including the nice 130€ case for 750€.

The seller even included a second battery and an SD card.

Amazing little camera that is not only used by my 9yo daughter but also by me if I need to go compact :-)

The X-E can be put in my jacket pocket, but an X113 certainly not (but this depends on the size of your pockets of course)

John

Is it still available? If yes, where to buy?

Thanks,

Asif