Need instruction manual for Leica Tri-Elmar 28-35-50mm

Docderm

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for suggestion, but I am hoping to find the actual instruction manual present in the box with the lens when originally sold.

So, if you happen to have the manual I would greatly appreciate a copy. Either a faxed photocopy, a PDF, or a scanned version would be great.

Have a good day!

DocDerm

Otho, thanks for the link. While this link shows the data info sheet for the lens with charts about the lens, I am still missing the actual Tri-Elmar MATE 28-35-50mm instruction manual for how to use the lens. 

Question: Could it be that there never was an instruction manual packaged in the original Leica box with the lens? Does anyone know? 

Thanks

DocDerm

Hi, Pico: Please see first my first message above....

Since I am not interested in a "collector's item" I do not feel I need an original which indeed is rather expensive. I would be quite satisfied with just a pdf or a fax or any other kind of copy. It is the information in the manual I seek, not an original copy of the manual. 

Thanks to anyone who can help out. 

DocDerm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, Pico: Please see first my first message above....

Since I am not interested in a "collector's item" I do not feel I need an original which indeed is rather expensive. I would be quite satisfied with just a pdf or a fax or any other kind of copy. It is the information in the manual I seek, not an original copy of the manual. 

Thanks to anyone who can help out. 

DocDerm

The price is reasonable, and if sometime in the future you wish to sell the lens, you will certainly recover the money for the instructions.

Oversight: Sorry. Welcome to the group. You are in good company here.

Edited by pico

Thanks, Jeff S

This seems to be the data sheet describing the optical qualities of the lens rather than the owner instruction manual telling you how to use the lens.

So, thank you for your suggestion but the search goes on.

Basic question: does anyone who bought one of these lenses new recall whether or not there was any instruction manual packed inside the box with the lens?

Basic question: does anyone who bought one of these lenses new recall whether or not there was any instruction manual packed inside the box with the lens?

According to the link I sent you, Yes the instructions were provided with the lens.

Spend a couple $ and buy it.

Jdlaing: Thanks for your suggestion.

I wish that you were right however I think you may be mistaken. The document you indicate does not look like the "instruction manual" pointed out by Pico as  http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEICA-TRI-ELMAR-M-28-35-50mm-F4-ASPH-LENS-INSTRUCTION-MANUAL-/201689215238?hash=item2ef59d3106:g:Mt8AAOSwBnVW9Iey&rmvSB=true

So....maybe there is someone out there who can send me a copy of the instruction manual? 

Thanks

DocDerm

Jdlaing: Thanks for your suggestion.

I wish that you were right however I think you may be mistaken. The document you indicate does not look like the "instruction manual" pointed out by Pico as  http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEICA-TRI-ELMAR-M-28-35-50mm-F4-ASPH-LENS-INSTRUCTION-MANUAL-/201689215238?hash=item2ef59d3106:g:Mt8AAOSwBnVW9Iey&rmvSB=true

So....maybe there is someone out there who can send me a copy of the instruction manual? 

Thanks

DocDerm

It matches mine that came with the lens exactly.

• Like 1

Docderm do you really need instructions? Assuming that you are familiar with Leica M-mount lenses, you have only three controls; focusing, aperture and focal length. The latter must always be set precisely. You can't set intermediate focal lengths.

If your lens has not been coded, it is worthwhile considering doing so.

Spend a little time searching the forum for other user's experiences.

Thanks, Jeff S

... the owner instruction manual telling you how to use the lens.

I think you might find the information you want in the camera owner manual, which covers the use of M lenses generally with each particular body.

There are also some brochures available at the Internet Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20060212221219/http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/msystem/objektive/pdf/index_e.html

Hope this helps,

Jon

Thanks, Jeff S

This seems to be the data sheet describing the optical qualities of the lens rather than the owner instruction manual telling you how to use the lens.

So, thank you for your suggestion but the search goes on.

You're looking for something that doesn't exist.

Hi, Jdlaing: 

I think what I am looking for a  copy of is exactly the document iPico and I have found at EBAY:  http://www.ebay.com/...9Iey&rmvSB=true

I would be quite content with a photocopy, fax, scanned, pdf version of the instruction manual. Anyone can provide it? 

Thanks

DocDerm

It is the same manual as post #2.

It is a copy of this manual the OP is looking for. I don't have one myself sorry.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!