View New Content

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Andreas,

I have noticed that when you are reading thru new content in the View New Content section at the top of this page, to the right, that:

After "clicking" to & looking at the new portion of the Thread that you have chosen to read & then "clicking" back to the View New Content page again, that:

The Thread that you were just reading has disappeared from the page that you had seen it on originally.

When I first started noticing this a few days ago I thought that this was a good idea because:

It removes an item for consideration that has been read.

And: It moves a new Post into the mix & rearranges the list appropriately.

Recently I was thinking that:

If a person wanted to go back & re-read a part of the Post that they had already read then:

They had to remember the Section that had been assigned to the Thread they had read & then they would have to go to that Section separately & then track down the Thread that they had read before.

This is information that they might not remember if they were just browsing & they were not investigating in a more structured manner.

I think previously what had happened was that the Thread that had been "clicked" on to & read stayed in a lighter tone until the person switched away from View New Content section or clicked the View New Content section at the top of this page again.

This is something which you might think about.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht