I've finally finished "Ruprecht"

John Z. Goriup

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My '70 911T, which, over the last 11 years I have reimagined and morphed into the 3-liter hot-rod you see here. It's not a recreation of any specific, rare model nor a tribute to any of the famed, rare class winners of the era when Porsche was desperately trying to win big in international motorsports, rather, It represents my personal idea of how a limited production factory-built  Porsche 911 Sport GT might have been speced out and looked like, had they actually offered such an exercise back in the day.

It's my wife who named it Ruprecht, claiming my history with this project reminds her of the mad Hapsburg prince who kept building fantastic castles he never finished either.

Interrupting my love-affair with the SL and its two dedicated AF zooms over the first part of this year, I actually got the M240-P with the 35mm Summilux FLE out of mothballs for this image, taken at Asilomar beach in Pacific Grove, CA.

JZG

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Thank you, Toshack 10.............No, no longer a T - by a long shot.

Bought from original owner in 2005 with 250,000 miles on the clock, but original, never crashed and absolutely no rust anywhere, just worn out and in need of ......well, pretty much everything.

What I've done: nut and bolt bare-metal restoration, seam welded, RS factory flares tub, 3-liter motor, 40mm Weber carburetors, cams, large-port heads, high-compression Mahle p/c, SSI exhaust - made 245 hp @ 5800 rpm on dyno, '84 Carrera suspension, Brembo calipers / brakes, Bilstein struts & shocks, Fuchs 7" and 8" forged wheels ( with an extra set of 8" Minilites for the back ), 915 transmission, light flywheel and clutch.

Porsche Sport seats in OEM black & white houndstooth 'Pepito' wool cloth, 356 'squareweave' wool carpeting - and many Rally components.

My own re-formulation of Porsche 'Continental Orange' paint. The ivory center stripe is in Mercedes ' Elephant Ivory ', to commemorate the '53  M-B 'Adenauer' 300S sedan we owned while I was growing up in Vienna, in which my father taught me to drive, even though I was too young for a license.

One more image -  the trunk compartment.

JZG

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2