dark lines across an image in MP240 using Capture One

Adam

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Images from my MP240 (Safari) have two parallel dark lines in the image about 2/3 from the left side. The two parallel lines can be seen in the pic which shows part of the image at 100%. 

I use Capture One 10. For some reason, when I open the same files and process them in Lightroom 5 this does not seem to show up. However,  I am still checking if this is the case.

The lines appear in Capture One in raw unprocessed files, but they do not seem to show in Lightroom 5.

I searched the forum, but I have not found anyone else reporting the problem. The lines are in most of my images, black and white or color. 

Thanks for any help or comments!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This is capture one raw  converted only to B&W. 400% magnification

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Lightroom automatically maps out dead pixels, which makes me think these must be dead pixel columns. If you send the camera to Leica, they will map them out for you, or change the sensor if the number of dead pixels exceeds a predetermined limit.

Thanks, I did not realize that dead pixels can form two parallel lines across the whole sensor. Always assume sit is more random.

• Like 1

It used to be a common issue with the sensor of the M240 especially the first production batches but we don't hear about it much these days.

Edward,

Thank you for the information! This forum and its members are a great resource. It did not occur to me to search for dead pixels. Somehow I never had the problem until now.  C1 corrects dead pixels via single pixel noise removal, but in my case, it does not do such a good job as Lightroom. Too bad, I prefer C1 for image editing.

I guess I will need to send the camera to the New Jersey shop. I don't know how severe the dead pixel issue is relative to others, but in some images - like B&W fog, two  parallel vertical lines can be clearly seen across the whole image when seen in actual size.  The funny thing is that the sensor and board were replaced just a year ago after it was sent there just for cleaning. I also experience shutter problems which result in uneven exposure, so I guess the camera needs an overhaul although it is just a year old.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1