Advertisement (gone after registration)

As you may know from other similar posts, I make those portraits during fashion  photoshoots, usually during the break. I put my canon down, grab my Leica leave the set with the model. I usually keep those portraits for myself and the model but many times the client begs for them too:-) 

Leica Q

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Let me give you an advice:  do not use your Canon anymore (please repeat it three times) and take beautiful portraits like this with your Leica. I really like the symmetry between the illuminated triangle behind her and her dress.

best regards

Marc

Edited by Benqui
  • Like 1

Let me give you an advice:  do not use your Canon anymore (please repeat it three times) and take beautiful portraits like this with your Leica. I really like the symmetry between the illuminated triangle behind her and her dress.

best regards

Marc

do not use your Canon, do not use your Canon, do not use your Canon, done:-) 

I wish I can ditch the canon but for heavy shootings I couldn't find a better option for now. the SL is the only candidate but it's too expensive. For now, I have to stick to that canon and keep the leica shots for when the shoots is slowed down and or for the portrait sessions.

Rodrigue,

l o v e l y !! Great light and a typical Leica shot all symbolysm inclusive.

And: please do not ditch your Canon. I can understand why you use it. Also with a Canon there is great potential, it is exactly for heavy duty jobs and with its different look it matches what is being required more commonly.

Even as a non-pro I would not like to miss it and for many tasks it is for me just the right camera: wildlife, astro, certain flower shots, landscape with a prime lens etc etc.

How about the new Fuji?

www.robertpoolephotography.com

Rodrigue,

l o v e l y !! Great light and a typical Leica shot all symbolysm inclusive.

And: please do not ditch your Canon. I can understand why you use it. Also with a Canon there is great potential, it is exactly for heavy duty jobs and with its different look it matches what is being required more commonly.

Even as a non-pro I would not like to miss it and for many tasks it is for me just the right camera: wildlife, astro, certain flower shots, landscape with a prime lens etc etc.

The Canon has no competitor in many of my shooting situations. For example, when I'm using my Profoto strobes, the control works only for canon and nikon and now sony. also when I'm shooting movie, nothing beats it, so the canon will always be there but I love the idea of getting one day a medium format for what it offers at flash-synch speeds, the possibilities become amazing shooting with flash at 1/8000 of a second. 

Yes I agree with keeping the Canon and understand many disagreeing, however making a living capturing those important moments under pressure and schedule requires  a Canon/Nikon System. I too enjoy nothing more then using my Leica's when its right for the job. 

Best regards

Hank