The Newsboy of St King Street.

GLOBETROTTER

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Manchester. U.K

With the Noctilux 50mm at F1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by GLOBETROTTER
  • Like 14

Manchester. U.K

With the Noctilux 50mm at F1

Really nice subject and processing. I am quite surprised that you got that depth of field at f1, I would have expected it to be much shallower.

Gerry

• Like 1

Really nice subject and processing. I am quite surprised that you got that depth of field at f1, I would have expected it to be much shallower.

Gerry

The depth of field is around 25 to 30 cm according with the lens scale at 2.5 & 3 m at the distance that picture was done.

Of course if you shot at 1 m the depth of field goes down to only 3 or 4 cm.

Clever optical design isn't it ? that means that a certain distance is not a problem to shot wide open and isolate your subject perfectly but if a closest distance is needed looking for details then you have a very narrow depth of field to isolate small details.

Is a magic lens sharp enough wide open with certain Glow at F1.

Cheers.

Edited by GLOBETROTTER

The depth of field is around 25 to 30 cm according with the lens scale at 2.5 & 3 m at the distance that picture was done.

Clever optical design isn't it ? that means that a certain distance is not a problem to shot wide open and isolate your subject perfectly but if a closest distance is needed looking for details then you have a very narrow depth of field to isolate small details.

Cheers.

I've only just learnt this trick with dof, I presumed it was still narrow at 3m. It will really change how I shoot! Thanks for the info. If we manage to meet up in October make sure you bring your magic lens!

www.robertpoolephotography.com

• Like 1

I've only just learnt this trick with dof, I presumed it was still narrow at 3m. It will really change how I shoot! Thanks for the info. If we manage to meet up in October make sure you bring your magic lens!

www.robertpoolephotography.com

I will  :)

This morning i was with the 28mm ASPH.

This afternoon is time for the Noctilux.

• Like 1

Cheers.

I realised it is an amazing lens, but this image showed to off to its very best.

Gerry

• Like 1

• 2 months later...