Who performs better CLA for M6?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just bought a mint condition M6 classic (1988), however, since it was never used and boxed for years it needs a CLA. The shutter release "sticks" and they are off at low speeds. I contacted DAG, he quoted $365 for complete overhaul. I also contacted Yoixin Ye and he quoted $190. Something is wrong here!!!

Who would you choose to fix your Leica??

Thanks

• Like 1

I've had Leicas done by both, as well as by Sherry Krauter and another noted tech. When others didn't get things quite right, even after a retry, I've sent them to DAG, who always got them perfect, including my M6 Classic. Lately DAG has been faster than similar work sent to Youxin, but that shifts around depending on work load. Ask up front and they'll advise how busy they are.

I use Youxin more for my LTM models and clones, and DAG for the ones I rely on. Recently I found my M9 RF had drifted off, and DAG had it ready to return within 48 hours. (I don't think he works on M9 electronics, but a Leica RF is a Leica RF.

Recently I've found on similar work scope their quotes were very close.

DAG will also limit his work to a specific problem, instead of requiring a full service, if you tell him just to fix the problem if the full service isn't really needed. Some techs have a one-service-fits-all approach. But an M6 stored for many years would likely benefit from a full service.

Edited by TomB_tx

I just bought a mint condition M6 classic (1988), however, since it was never used and boxed for years it needs a CLA. The shutter release "sticks" and they are off at low speeds. I contacted DAG, he quoted $365 for complete overhaul. I also contacted Yoixin Ye and he quoted $190. Something is wrong here!!!

Who would you choose to fix your Leica??

Thanks

DAG

• Like 1