New Leica cameras to be announced on September 30, 2016 ?

Leicaiste

It would be slightly weird that the announcement would be ten days after Photokina. But, maybe Leica wants the stage to themselves, the Asian market is an important one, so who knows? And there is still a design preview to be had.

• Like 2

It would be slightly weird that the announcement would be ten days after Photokina. But, maybe Leica wants the stage to themselves, the Asian market is an important one, so who knows? And there is still a design preview to be had.

I think it would be logical as it would make it more newsworthy then getting lost in the Photokina morass

On the other hand Leica doesn't have enough lens mounts, so I want hoping for another one. I was betting its going to be called the W mount and will be plastic, water cooled with a suspended gelpac for good light transmission and will use an aneutrino stream via satellite to communicate with the lens

• Like 1

After that ridiculous Polaroid-like new Leica, looking like a toy camera found in a chocolate box, I'm ready to see any kind of gadget from Leica. 

Something tells me that the M 240 will be my last Leica M and will come with me when i leave this Vale of Tears  :D

• Like 2