evf 2 connection problem

PaulJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have just purchased a second hand evf-2 and noticed that the connection seems poor. Lots of interference unless it is sat just right. Looks like I need to keep pushing it forward to get it to produce a display without interference. Is this normal?

Also, with live view I only get the solid dot and no arrows for exposure correction? Why is this?

Thanks in advance

Paul

jk;h

I have just purchased a second hand evf-2 and noticed that the connection seems poor. Lots of interference unless it is sat just right. Looks like I need to keep pushing it forward to get it to produce a display without interference. Is this normal?

Also, with live view I only get the solid dot and no arrows for exposure correction? Why is this?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Exposure compensation: in LV you will get the value on the top righthand side of your LCD screen, or just a dot if you have switched it off in the  set menu. I am not quite sure what arrows you are referring to.

jk;h

Exposure compensation: in LV you will get the value on the top righthand side of your LCD screen, or just a dot if you have switched it off in the  set menu. I am not quite sure what arrows you are referring to.

I said exposure correction not exposure compensation. When the shutter release is half pressed a white circle appears top right. I was expecting that to mean that the exposure is correct but when I change the exposure value it is not replaced by left or right arrows as you see in the rangefinder viewfinder. I have found that if you press the info button twice you get an evf display from -3 to +3 with a bar showing how much you are out.

The seller has agreed to refund as there is also an issue with a mark in the display.

Thank you all.