AUSTRALASIAN ONE CHALLENGE - Advance Notice

erl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It is indeed a single video. If John is OK with this method (and with sharing his promotion with "the world"), I'll send you a DVD. I haven't worked with Youtube yet myself.

Stefan

I have a copy of the DVD already, thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We've just booked our flights, arriving on the 28 March and leaving on the 14th April.

Look forward to the VB bitter and Aussie Pies.

Cheers, Tom

I went to a club in Clapham the other week to watch the Aussie Rules grand final live - the tickets included a VB & pie (with tommy K, of course!).

When I was backpacking around Australia, stopping at remote truck stops, I lived off meat pies, Big M iced coffees and lamingtons!

• Like 3

Great to sense the enthusiasm so far, especially from honourable internationals. I am presently in Fes(Morocco) so communications are a little sketchy (Sim card issues). Also the local shooters are warming up.

Re copying and sharing the DVD for the OS guys.Yes of course, copy or post it anywhere. Promo is the object. If more material is required, let me know.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan & Ritsuko, if you have any special plans or ideas, let me know if I can help or advise. Have you planned how long you will be here? Can I help advise about accommodation, etc?

Hi John,

We'll arrive on the 5th of April at 5:20am. The next day, I will make a business visit in town, so I'll stay the first two nights in that area unless you know a place where we can check-in super early.

Where do you expect the group meetings/events to be? We can make our hotel in that area for the main days.

For our plans, we know Austalia is too big to see it all, so we'd like to take in your area and another town. Also, since we live in a big city, we'd like to see something of nature/the country side - I know there's some natural areas around, but not sure about the logistics on getting there yet. I'll get a Lonely Planet guide book closer to the end of the year.

What do you think about the hotel location for everyone and then escaping the city?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi John,

We'll arrive on the 5th of April at 5:20am. The next day, I will make a business visit in town, so I'll stay the first two nights in that area unless you know a place where we can check-in super early.

Where do you expect the group meetings/events to be? We can make our hotel in that area for the main days.

For our plans, we know Austalia is too big to see it all, so we'd like to take in your area and another town. Also, since we live in a big city, we'd like to see something of nature/the country side - I know there's some natural areas around, but not sure about the logistics on getting there yet. I'll get a Lonely Planet guide book closer to the end of the year.

What do you think about the hotel location for everyone and then escaping the city?

Thanks,

Dan

I agree with Dan in that it would be good if we could settle on one hotel. We are thinking of going over to Tasmania for at least a few days as everyone we talk to says it's fabulous. Then we thought about hiring a car and doing part of the Great Ocean road.

Cheers, Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John and his cousin, Mick, might be able to take us on a walkabout. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure where Mick is at present, but I might be able to come up with some sort of adventure. Give me a bit more time to work on logistics. Got a few issues to deal with at present.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I agree with Dan in that it would be good if we could settle on one hotel. We are thinking of going over to Tasmania for at least a few days as everyone we talk to says it's fabulous. Then we thought about hiring a car and doing part of the Great Ocean road.

Cheers, Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John has suggested good meeting places will be near Flinders Street Railway station/the South part of the Central Business District.

We've booked into the Mantra 100 Hotel on 100 Exhibition Street from 5-10 April. They have more one & two bedroom suites available if you want to join us!

• Like 1

John has suggested good meeting places will be near Flinders Street Railway station/the South part of the Central Business District.

We've booked into the Mantra 100 Hotel on 100 Exhibition Street from 5-10 April. They have more one & two bedroom suites available if you want to join us!

Sounds great Dan, we're frantically packing as we're just about to leave for South Africa so will look at booking when we get back.

We were thinking of going over to Tazmania when we first arrive on the 28th March, then maybe hiring a car and doing part of the great ocean route if you're interested.

We come back from South Africa around the 21st Jan and will look at details after then.

Trust you both had a great Christmas and wish you all the very best for the New Year.

Cheers, Tom 

The Mantra 100 Hotel looks to have good value apartments that are quite comfortable and near enough to Flinders station.  

Reading the T&C's though reveals that they are pretty predatory imho: no payments of any sort are refundable, payment in full up front, cancellation forfeits 100% of the payment, and any changes forfeit 100% of the payment.  I'd be happier with the usual booking with credit card (with a deposit if required) and pay in full or the balance on leaving.  My apologies if I've misconstrued the meaning or intent of the T&C's.) I'll spend a little more time looking into it because they are offering an attractive rate as a Boxing Day special. <scratches head thoughtfully>

Pete.

The Mantra 100 Hotel looks to have good value apartments that are quite comfortable and near enough to Flinders station.  

Reading the T&C's though reveals that they are pretty predatory imho: no payments of any sort are refundable, payment in full up front, cancellation forfeits 100% of the payment, and any changes forfeit 100% of the payment.  I'd be happier with the usual booking with credit card (with a deposit if required) and pay in full or the balance on leaving.  My apologies if I've misconstrued the meaning or intent of the T&C's.) I'll spend a little more time looking into it because they are offering an attractive rate as a Boxing Day special. <scratches head thoughtfully>

Pete.

If you book through a travel agent or booking website, you should be able to get free cancellation. I'm not sure if that increases the price though.

• Like 1