AUSTRALASIAN ONE CHALLENGE - Advance Notice

erl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just arrived into Melbourne and had my first VB in a couple of years. Not a bad beer, come to think of it there is no bad beer but some are better than others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate to say it, but VB is not a good beer.  We have loads of micro breweries throwing out great product.  Do yourself a favour!

• Like 2

I was a bit surprised these days to order a Carlton Draught but getting a beer in a bottle ;)

I'm happy to get some local advice on the Thursday pre-meeting.

Stefan

The Thursday pre meeting is planned for a visit to the close by Belgian Beer Cafe. It's one of a number of locations in our capital cities. It's not a place to go try Australian beers! Join us and all shall be revealed ;-)

http://www.belgianbeercafemelbourne.com.au/

• Like 2

What do they take? Furled umbrellas? Shovel handles? Baguettes? Car aerials? (Trying to think of more long, thin things that snakes might take a liking to ... )

Pete.

The Eastern Brown, Pete, is known to be somewhat attracted to golf clubs. The Death Adder prefers domestic cleaning equipment such as brooms and mops (perhaps strangely) but will also go after shovels and rakes if pressed whilst the Tiger Snake is all over your tripods (folded, obviously) and monopods (which makes them the worst species for photographers to interact with, then). However, once they have raided a car and swallowed the loot, they find it very difficult to slither away and thus are usually caught.

I think I need a beer.

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

G'day erl,

Hope your hand is improving.

One of my diseases is old Leicas and bits from Leitz.

Have you come across the left hand shutter release?

Just a last resort but it might fit the M 10 and likely cost as much.

We are enjoying the rain from cyclone Debby  so I am looking for a waterproof housing.

Cheers

Philip

• Like 1

Hi philip,

My hand is giving me hell (I'm very impatient) but it makes me realize what real problems are when I read of the troubles you guys in Queensland are enduring. May you stay safe and suffer minimal damage and inconvenience.

As for 'releasing' the M10, I think I will hang on to it! :p  Been practicing around the traps today. The M10 is great. I need to come up to speed with its personality, otherwise, all is great.

• Like 4

Soon there are bound to be more images shared from the floods in QLD of native animals taking refuge. But for the visitors commenting on our critters, you really not need to worry  about snakes and spiders. We do have some impressive pond fish though.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Tasmania is wonderful but I now understand what the pilot meant when we landed in Hobart and he said, " ladies and gentlemen, if you want to reset your watches turn them back 20 years." Some serious scenery though and having a great time. Much colder than we thought it was going to be, I'll never trust the weather on the iPhone again as before we left Blighty, last week it was showing over 20 degrees everyday. As we drove between Strahan and Burnie today it dropped to 5.

• Like 2

I use an automatic watch, which is not really a solution in this respect, since it needs maintenance once every decade. A modern lithium battery easily lasts longer.

Another very strong point to me made for Australia is the coffee culture, they have a full-blown italian bar machine literally everywhere, even in places as remote as this one. It turned out, that the coffee machine I use at home is actually a re-labeled Australian Breville.

Stefan

• Like 3

Tasmania is wonderful but I now understand what the pilot meant when we landed in Hobart and he said, " ladies and gentlemen, if you want to reset your watches turn them back 20 years." Some serious scenery though and having a great time. Much colder than we thought it was going to be, I'll never trust the weather on the iPhone again as before we left Blighty, last week it was showing over 20 degrees everyday. As we drove between Strahan and Burnie today it dropped to 5.

It was pretty hot last week in Hobart, weather changes rapidly here in Tassie. If you end up doing any wilderness walks don't be fooled if it is hot and sunny at the start of your walk, it could be freezing by the time you're a couple of hours in. Enjoy this very special place.

• Like 2

Soon there are bound to be more images shared from the floods in QLD of native animals taking refuge. But for the visitors commenting on our critters, you really not need to worry  about snakes and spiders. We do have some impressive pond fish though.

Big earthworms in the water too. This 14 footer in an upmarket residential area

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5