Newbie here :) New to Leicas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey there, so I just got my first ever (very first) Leica 2 days ago!!

A Leica M3~ It's lovely :) 

Thanks

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hello Jusxusfanatic,

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice camera.

Does it take 2 strokes of the winding lever to wind the shutter mechanism or does the shutter wind with as single stroke?

If you do not currently have a box or a lens to use with the camera to keep dust out of the film chamber I would suggest a body cap or keeping the camera in a clear plastic bag until There is a lens or a body cap for it. Or a box.

Best Regards,

Michael

Congratulations on making one of the best decisions of your entire life....but please cover that gaping hole with something immediately, it's making me twitchy just looking at it.

The snakeskin is very retro and luxe, don't change it....perhaps get some cowboy boots to match instead.

Welcome to the Forum.

• Like 1

Hello Jusxusfanatic,

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice camera.

Does it take 2 strokes of the winding lever to wind the shutter mechanism or does the shutter wind with as single stroke?

If you do not currently have a box or a lens to use with the camera to keep dust out of the film chamber I would suggest a body cap or keeping the camera in a clear plastic bag until There is a lens or a body cap for it. Or a box.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hey there! Thanks :) it's a double stroke version, I like it way better than the single stroke version

Congratulations on making one of the best decisions of your entire life....but please cover that gaping hole with something immediately, it's making me twitchy just looking at it.

The snakeskin is very retro and luxe, don't change it....perhaps get some cowboy boots to match instead.

Welcome to the Forum.

Haha thanks :) of course, I already have a lens attached to it and it's jupiter 8 :)

Hi, congrats, a Leica body without a lens is like a person without a soul"

Treat yourself to a lens (lots out there, used/3rd party as well as Leica) then shoot away.. Forget the cowboy boots, spend the money on film...'(^_^)' .. L

Thanks :) I already have a jupiter 8 attached to it! I also have a summicron 50mm f2 which is not mine... it's my dads haha