Lightroom questions

Leachs10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello to anyone who is a Lightroom expert and apologies if this is off topic or covered elsewhere, but I can't seem to find the answers anywhere obvious.

I am relatively new to Leica - and loving it. (I have the MP 240, the Summicron 35 1.2, the Summarit 75m 2.4 and the APO TelyT 135m).  However I have been struggling with Lightroom a bit. Most of it I now understand, but looking up the help section of adobe doesn't help for either of these two queries.

The first is that sometimes I want to set my photos as slideshows to music. My (free with the camera)  version of Lightroom doesn't have the section in the Slideshow module entitled "Music", that adobe say I need to use. I can use the Playback section and add a single tune, but can't seem to add others, even though the Adobe help section says I should be able to add up to 10 tunes. Does anyone have any idea whether we should have the Music option, or is this Adobe's clever way of making me upgrade to a more complete version? Quite often my slideshows will be 10 minutes or so, and I am running out of approriate single tunes to use!

My second query is in the Development section. I can't seem to make much sense of Clone and Heal and the adobe help section doesn't really help much either. Does anyone have an idiot-proof guide as to which to use, and when, and indeed how best to use them please?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

My (free with the camera)  version of Lightroom doesn't have the section in the Slideshow module entitled "Music", that adobe say I need to use. I can use the Playback section and add a single tune, but can't seem to add others, even though the Adobe help section says I should be able to add up to 10 tunes. Does anyone have any idea whether we should have the Music option, or is this Adobe's clever way of making me upgrade to a more complete version? 

Welcome to the Forum.

The Lightroom that you have downloaded is exactly the same version as the one you would buy directly from Adobe, so all functionality is identical.Do you have the standalone of CC version of the software?

There are some functions that are only available in the "online" CC version that Adobe are pushing people towards, and for which Leica now give a limited time subscription with new cameras.

No need for youtube, etc.....just search for all of Julieanne Kost free Lightroom video tutorials.  She works for Adobe, is an excellent presenter, and has covered virtually any LR topic you can imagine (in addition to her blog).

Here, for instance, is one of her videos on the tool you mention...  http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2013/06/video-tutorials-advanced-healing-brush-and-visualization-tool-in-lightroom-5.html

For book reading, try Scott Kelby.

Jeff