SL multi function grip. Is it available yet?

haydenc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys,

I love taking shots in portrait orientation and would love to get the grip for the SL.

However it looks like it is still not available.

Pictured here:

http://us.leica-camera.com/Corposite/Photography/Leica-SL/Accessories-Equipment

Leica SL Multifunctional Handgrip HG-SCL4

Does anyone know the specs on the grip and when it might be available?

The M240 grip adds GPS, an SCA terminal, a power socket, USB port and a din/ISO x socket.

Obviously the SL already has a few of these, but it would be good to know what it adds to the SL.

And whether it takes an additional battery etc.

I guess the main thing would be the shutter button in portrait orientation, but that hardly implies 'multi function'!

Well, the page you linked says it has a joystick, shutter button and compartment for an additional battery.

I haven't even heard about the release date, yet. But with PK around the corner I'm expecting dates for the grip and 50 to be announced in the next week or so.

Gordon

Definitely, the grip will be avalable right after PK and will not bring any valuable enhancements. ....

It offers room for a second battery - twice the battery life. And a second shutter button for shooting "upright" (in portrait orientation). And it offers more "grip" when using long lenses like the 90-280.

What else are you expecting ? It does what it is meant to do...  

(It is not such a strange construction as the M grip, without which the camera has no USB port and no GPS.)   :unsure:

Edited by steppenw0lf
  • Like 1

Definitely, the grip will be avalable right after PK and will not bring any valuable enhancements. ....

I wouldn't say that. There are times when longer battery life and a vertical grip can be very useful indeed.

It's unlikely I'll get one as I find the RRS grip I bought so useful (I work off a tripod often) however I see a lot of value for some. Those that shoot a lot of portraits are almost certainly going to get value from the grip.

Gordon

Well, the page you linked says it has a joystick, shutter button and compartment for an additional battery.

I haven't even heard about the release date, yet. But with PK around the corner I'm expecting dates for the grip and 50 to be announced in the next week or so.

Gordon

That is very strange as when I linked the page I was pretty sure it didn't have that information.

They might have updated it just prior to announcing it was now available.

Now to figure out if it is worth the price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...