The real news about the Leica Sofort! [merged thread]

jaapv

Maybe - but the flash is an afterthought straight from a 1970-ies compact, the design is horrendous with that small lens inside a soup plate and the back is full retro, to use a charitable expression. Designed and made in Rural China for Lomo... :rolleyes:  If they should bring out such a camera I do hope it will be slightly more sophisticated.

It may be a rebadged/restyled Fuji, but at least Fuji came up with a nicer design.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It does appear to be real - http://leicarumors.com/2016/09/13/the-new-leica-sofort-instant-camera-will-be-announced-on-september-15th.aspx/

I said years ago that Leica should sell 35mm film & now they're entering the instant film market instead! None of us saw that one coming!

Maybe this is the roadmap for the future of the M.

I'm not sure what to think. I like instant cameras, my first ever camera was a Polaroid. But who will pay Leica prices when there's Fuji and Lomo instead?

Although if it took instant negatives that could be interesting!

So Jaap, which colour will you be ordering?

Surely not?! The Leica will be hand made in Germany with special parts and of course, a genuine Leica Lens.

And at least double the price of the Fuji which will make it more desirable to the people with money to burn.

Maybe - but the flash is an afterthought straight from a 1970-ies compact,

F1:12.7 lens.

Pretty standard kind of lens speed with instant cameras, hence the flash that Jaap decries above.

(Don't forget that, depending upon the instant film size, these kind of lenses are essentially medium or large format in scope.)

• Like 1

More like treble the price from the info so far.

Still pretty reasonable by Leica standards when I consider that I recently paid £100 for a plastic lens hood (and that was a "sale" price!) and when replacement lens and body caps are something like £30 or more.

Seems like an interesting move by Leica and, blatant mark-up or not, is a product I'd rather have than the titanium M-P that is also flagged up on the website Jaap has linked to.

• Like 3