Leica S (Typ 007) Firmware 4.0.0.0

Leon_B.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica has published a new firmware update for the Leica S (Typ 007) with new features and improvements.
Here is a short list:

• Optimized UI: Newly designed INFO screen
  • Seamless Workflow:
    - Rating Function (for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC and Bridge CC)
    - Zoom Position Lock
  • Better Control/Easy Operation:
    - Depth of field information
    - Viewfinder information: Realtime buffer information
    - “PC” icon is shown when camera is connected to the computer
    - “Remaining Recording Time” is shown when camera is in Video LiveView and Video Recording mode
    - Mirror Up Icon is shown while the function is in use
  • Bugfixes:
    - a pixel phenomenon might have appeared when using exposure times between 2s and 8s
    - Auto GPS time was sometimes not correct
    - Leica S-Adapter H communication between camera and lens is improved

Registered Leica S owners can download the update here:
» Leica Owners’ Area

• Like 3

From the S(006) firmware installation instructions:

_ GPS Iceland Bug Fix: reduction of the camera start-up time when GPS is activated in

the geographic region of Iceland

_ latest Leica S lens rmware as part of the camera rmware;
This Leica S lens rmware is
mandatory to reach failure-free performance of Leica S lenses with Leica SL (Typ 601) via Leica S-Adapter L. (In the beginning this lens rmware update was only possible via Leica S (Typ 007)) 

--Matt

• Like 1

Great to see that they fixed the GPS bug for the high north on S Typ 006 cameras (several users, including myself had reported this to the S customer service). However, does anyone know if they have also done something about the general speed of GPS activation?

Edited by leicapages

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As a side note - I think that's great that users of previous S cameras can now upgrade their lenses to the latest FW and therefore being able to use them on the SL via the S-Adapter L without having to go through Leica service :D

After installing the update on my Leica S-E (Typ 006) it also wanted to update my Leica S lenses (for that SL compatibility which I undestood) but it also updated my Leica S-Adapter C which doesn't make sense since it's not compatible with the SL anyway (only native S lenses)...

What do we think is updated for the adapter in the latest firmware? 

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Still waiting for Leica to add the option of having the histogram come on automatically on the LED with the picture review...

Albert  :D  :D  :D

It has that already Henry

Albert

Edited by Neil D

After installing the update on my Leica S-E (Typ 006) it also wanted to update my Leica S lenses (for that SL compatibility which I undestood) but it also updated my Leica S-Adapter C which doesn't make sense since it's not compatible with the SL anyway (only native S lenses)...

What do we think is updated for the adapter in the latest firmware? 

Let me know if you find out please. I have the S to C adapter and would like to know the impact of the new firmware on that.

It has that already Henry

Albert

Actually the 4.0.0.0 update now allows you to keep the b&w histogram icon visible on the LED via an active screen saver only while the 007 is on..

Once you turn the 007 off and then turn it back on, you are left with the default settings on the LED which does not include the histogram. You then are forced to toggle the right lower button and the histogram re-appears. 

Would like Leica to leave histogram on all the time. This would require a simple code change to remove histogram from automatic default settings when camera is turned off....

So we are ALMOST there! 

Albert   :(  :(  :(