London Screw Mount Meet

Jodad

I wonder how many times someone searching for a very different type of entertainment has been directed by their search engine to this thread.  I suspect they would be confused at first and then profoundly disappointed.  Still, we all had plenty of fun mounting and screwing.  Entirely innocently. :D

Pete.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Two more that I scanned today

IIIg, 5 cm Summicron, Legacy Pro 400

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks for looking

Alan

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

street crossing

taken with a Leica IIIb, T-Max 400

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Dan Bachmann
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My wife was ill around the time that Susie originally posted her question, so I didn't reply at the time. But it looks like no-one else did either!

Come on chaps - now about rallying around? Another get-together is overdue...

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there were a few who came along (and were welcomed) last time with M's and screw mount lenses.  I don't think it should be a 'screw mount only' meet up because that would be contrary to the spirit of the forum and the enjoyment of mixing with others who share our passion (or perhaps addiction? :D).  If people don't have screw mount gear but come along then I think it's up to the rest of us to try to show them how much fun it is and to try to convince them to dip their toes in the water.

I think people should be encouraged to bring what screw mount gear they have but not feel rejected if they don't have any - that would resemble the thing about the Leica Meet (Facebook group) that I don't like and we should be above that sort of elitism (if that's what it is).

I say: "come one, come" all because to my mind the objective is to talk nonsense in a civilised manner to like-minded people and enjoy doing it.  And if beer happens to be drunk too then all the better!  ^_^

Pete.

• Like 2