3 lenses for Santorini & Mykonos trip

viboons

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am having a daddy & daughter trip to Santorini and Mykonos this October. I will bring my M9 and like to get suggestion about the 3 lenses to bring for this trip. The photos to be taken will be traveling photo, landscape, my daughter and also people there.

I have 21mm, 25mm, 35mm, 40mm, 50mm, 90mm, some with modern rendering high contrast and also some with classic rendering low and medium contrast. Hope that you can share your experiences.

Three lenses if you want to experience the trip thru the peephole of a viewfinder and always be changing lenses. Two lenses if you want to be fully prepared to capture beauty with different perspectives. Take the 35 only and have a great time and bring back wonderful pictures and memories. I spent several months in Greece covering two seasons, and honestly never felt the need for anything more than a 35. Last trip I took a 50, but rarely used it.

• Like 2

The 35, ideally  with low contrast, is what you need.

The colors in Santorini and Mykonos are mostly white and blue. Sun may be strong, so you really need a low contrast lens, especially with a digital sensor

Anything other is superfluous.

• Like 3

As you are lucky to have a 21mm, this would be excellent for the wide caldera view and the narrow streets.

The 50 and 90 for people shots or the isolated boats from the heights in the landscape. Enjoy the blue and white.

Take all three with you but carry only one a day.

Edited by newnew
  • Like 2

As you are lucky to have a 21mm, this would be excellent for the wide caldera view and the narrow streets.

The 50 and 90 for people shots or the isolated boats from the heights in the landscape. Enjoy the blue and white.

Take all three with you but carry only one a day.

Excellent advice bring 3 lenses and use one a day. Maybe 21, 40 and 90. The 40mm Summicron will be an excellent low contrast all round performer there.
  • Like 3

I'm going there next year, as well as a few more places. I have the Elmarit 28, 35 Lux and 50 APO Cron. I plan on taking the 35 and 50 and leaving the 28 at home. One lens on a SL and one on a M240. 

Also a 3 stop ND for each lens.

Edited by DTM
  • Like 2

Bring only one. The 35 or 50 and enjoy your trip and life [emoji1]

Best advice of the lot.

This is about the experience with your daughter, not your time with your camera. The 35 will fulfill all your stated needs, travel, landscapes, people and your daughter.

Enjoy you trip!!

J

• Like 6