any recommendation of battery

gunston

hello, i have noticed my genuine battery only hold 50% of the capacity after full charge.

any recommendation of 3rd party battery online?

I wouldn't bother with third party batteries I would stick with just getting another genuine one I've tried quite a few third party and have never got one to be reliable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree buy a Leica battery some have had success with cheaper alternatives but most haven't I have 30k actuations over two cameras MM, M9-P and whilst the original batteries no longer show 100% they still show over 80%.

Two things to try, absolutely empty your battery so it's dead, not a flicker, the charge fully and leave in the charger for 24 hours

I bet you hit 75% again

I agree buy a Leica battery some have had success with cheaper alternatives but most haven't I have 30k actuations over two cameras MM, M9-P and whilst the original batteries no longer show 100% they still show over 80%.

Two things to try, absolutely empty your battery so it's dead, not a flicker, the charge fully and leave in the charger for 24 hours

I bet you hit 75% again

+1.  Draining them thoroughly once in a while really helps condition them.  Easiest is to playback an image with all power save settings off.  Will take a couple of hours.  A don't top up - let it run down to about 50% before charging.

There's a lot about lith-ion battery care online

But don't do that on a third-party discharge/charge charger or using a light bulb or such ( a full short may cause fire and explosion). Those may drain the battery completely, killing it. The camera will always leave a buffer of about 20% in the battery to prevent damage. And don't do it too often - the battery will wear excessively in that case.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There are numerous discussion about genuine versus non genuine batteries. See my own experience on PowerSmart and VBHW batteries... VBHW quality is visually superior whereas Powersmart batteries do have a bit more of autonomy. These after-market batteries may not be fully recognised as charged by the camera, but one just has to let them fully discharged on the camera in order to "reset" the battery level indicator.