Comparing Leica S007 to Nikon D800e

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yesterday I did a photo shoot with a young lady called Yuu Ki from Shanghai in China. She is studding arts here in KL so we got together and had a fantastic day shooting in an amazing hotel in Melaka two hours drive south of KL

I came out of it with dozens of amazing pictures shot with an amazing camera the Leica S007 and an equally but IMHO not as amazing as the Leica S the Nikon D800e

I'm planning to post them all here as and when I get a chance to work on them just a wee bitty.

!st shot was with the Leica.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

2nd shot with Nikon

3rd Shot

• Like 4

Yesterday I did a photo shoot with a young lady called Yuu Ki from Shanghai in China. She is studding arts here in KL so we got together and had a fantastic day shooting in an amazing hotel in Melaka two hours drive south of KL

I came out of it with dozens of amazing pictures shot with an amazing camera the Leica S007 and an equally but IMHO not as amazing as the Leica S the Nikon D800e

I'm planning to post them all here as and when I get a chance to work on them just a wee bitty.

!st shot was with the Leica.
2nd shot with Nikon

3rd Shot

3rd shot?

Personally, I have the same reaction when I shoot my Sony A7R-II with Batis optics at the same time as using my S(006) ... The Sony never fails to slightly disappoint in comparison. 

I think the difference is not the camera but the light. It is much more expressive in the first photograph.

In general the first photograph is much more interesting, by the composition and props. The second is quite boring in comparison.

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I think the difference is not the camera but the light. It is much more expressive in the first photograph.

In general the first photograph is much more interesting, by the composition and props. The second is quite boring in comparison.

Jaapv. The second one was the only Nikon picture I kept. The S blew all the other pictures out of the window. That's not to say that the D800 is not a great camera ( it is) but it doesn't compete with MF IMHO

I tend to agree with Jaap, while both are outstanding, on the technical side, the first has the more interesting composition, while the side light gives a more interesting outline of Ms Ki's face. Also, the deep shadows on the left add a bit of mystery, like there is a story behind this image.

Stefan

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Jaapv. The second one was the only Nikon picture I kept. The S blew all the other pictures out of the window. That's not to say that the D800 is not a great camera ( it is) but it doesn't compete with MF IMHO

Yes, but my point is that in this case the difference is in the content, not in the technical aspects.