leica s typ 007 tethering cable

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yesterday I bent and damaged my Leica S-007 weathering cable, is there an option to use the USB socket instead of paying another 400 bucks for my stupid mistake yesterday??

I don't think so, since there is no other USB connection to the body than the LEMO one. It's interesting, perhaps reflecting design time frame that connection uses the USB 2.0 standard whereas the SL uses USB 3.0 which is much better when tethering. That may be a requirement with the much higher frame rates with the SL of course.

S2 S006 are USB2 LEMO connection, 

S007 is USB 3 LEMO connection.

To answer your question, NO you cannot use a normal USB connection, since the S007 does NOT have a normal USB connector. 

Jip and eprom. The instruction book for my S (Typ 007) says

"4 pin LEMO socket for data output (USB 2.0 standard)"

Of course the cable does work when connected to USB 3.0 socket on my computers. 
I have never owned the S (Typ 006) I don't know what cable or standard is used there.
My SL instruction book says
"Micro B USB port (3.0 High Speed) 
and that camera really needs that faster data throughput when tethering (and its firmware 2.1 includes an update to improve performance there)

Edited by hoppyman