I took the Noctilux 0.95 plunge

kaethe

"Why should you care what other people think?"...quoting Arlene Feinmann. 

Luxury or not, it's what you want and what you will enjoy. Enjoy the heck out of it, use it a lot, show your photos made with it!  :)

I loved the shots other people took with the Nocti. I bought one. Then I realised how big and heavy it was after plodding around the countryside here. It really is huge!

In the end I decided it was not for me and sold it with an APO Cron trade-in.

The APO Cron is tiny in comparison, easier to focus, lightweight, and is my lens of choice for most outings. Plodding around with a 50 APO Cron beats the hell out of lugging around the Noctilux.

All the same the OP has demonstrated, with a lovely photo of knitting, that in the right circumstances it is an amazing lens. Good luck to anyone that pays that much for a lens that is so large it blocks the viewfinder only to get one stop extra over a 1.4 Lux. To some an essential, to others a pain.

You can turn up the ISO instead of using 0.95.

Just my view

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thank you

to everyone for taking the time to read my post. I am definitely looking forward to shooting with it, although I just finished another block of call and OT, so I have not had much time to get out yet. I also agree with Peter and others that the Lux 50/ 1.4 is a wonderful lens and that is why I am not selling mine but using it on the mm, or switching the two lenses between the two bodies. I usually hike, backpack and backcountry ski with my dog and being a bit of a klutz, I do not like to change a lens in the wild, so carry both systems. I have used the 35 Cron v4 but apparently I do not "see" in 35 and I always had the wrong lens on the wrong body. (How is that for justifying the Noctilux!).

Kaethe

• Like 1

After experimenting with a lot of 50's I decided to slim down to one, a late pre ASPH Summilux. Then I looked at a few old shots from my f1 Noctilux and quickly went back to the shop who was selling it for me and took it back

I've loved it even more ever since, it's fat and heavy but not too long and I use it mostly indoors and at night (usually indoors) so not a problem really

• Like 2

I did pick up a 3 stop ND filter and bought it a long to an old mate BBQ reunion recently, the last time I saw Mike his son was in a pram, crikey time fly's 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome to Club Noctilux! Here's one from Italy last year.
  • Like 4