Lisbon Challenge - details - all you could ever need

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just having lunch in revolution square before heading back to the airport this afternoon.

Been a really good few days.

We're already at the airport. Don't get your hopes up about the BA Lounge, it's shared with 179 other airlines and there aren't enough chairs to go round. We're on the TAP flight.

Cheers, Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, and it's Rome for next year :)

But will definitely be back in Lisbon again. Have already chosen the hotel :)

So, so impressed with this city.

You'd love Porto also (if you don't mind steeper hills).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You'd love Porto also (if you don't mind steeper hills).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many years ago I drove to Porto and stayed with a friend for a while, it is indeed a beautiful city.

I haven't been a member of this forum for long but I hope to join one of these challenges one year.

• Like 2

Had a great couple of days in Porto and Lisbon, thank you all for your company, and thank you Andy for your great organisation as usual :)

I hadn't realised you were left out of pocket after the meal on Friday. I don't mind contributing a couple of extra euros to cover the gap, and I'm sure others wouldn't either. If you have a PayPal account happy to transfer some over for you......

• Like 5

Don't worry about it. I won't.

Have just been turned away at passport control at Terminal 3. The auto reader worked perfectly at Lisbon, but both of us were refused entry at T3.

Welcome home. Oh and wait by the bins for a bus to the hotel.

Shameful.

Funny about the T3 E-passport gubbinses - same happened to me at T2, yet Lisbon worked a dream.  Must be a conspiracy, or there's something not quite right with the readers.

And yes, the ANA lounge at Lisbon is very crowded.

Thanks to Andy for the organisation.

Edited by spylaw4

Don't worry about it. I won't.

Have just been turned away at passport control at Terminal 3. The auto reader worked perfectly at Lisbon, but both of us were refused entry at T3.

Welcome home. Oh and wait by the bins for a bus to the hotel.

Shameful.

The auto reader wouldn't let Eileen through at Terminal 2. Guess she might still be there as my breakfast wasn't on the table when I got up this morning. (Don't tell her I said that)

Cheers, Tom

• Like 3

Got the contact sheet. 5 possibles... I'm not talking about winning ones, just 5 not as humdrum as the others. Which makes me a happy frog compared to previous challenges where I was hard put to dare to send one! (Japan excepted).

Happy hunting all of you!

• Like 4

A few snaps from the dinner...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

The auto reader wouldn't let Eileen through at Terminal 2. Guess she might still be there as my breakfast wasn't on the table when I got up this morning. (Don't tell her I said that)

Cheers, Tom

Marilyn had that problem once, though it wasn't at Heathrow, and had to go through a human station; these machines do seem to be a bit temperamental.

I too would be willing to chip in to help make up Andy's shortfall - despite his protestations!

Spent a pleasant final day yesterday walking through the narrow streets as well as up to the castle, including a delicious lunch of a very generous portion of octopus. Took off about 7.30 pm and landed at Liverpool about 10pm last night, and then drove home to Hull.

Many thanks to all who helped organise such a great meeting.

• Like 1