lens profiles, raw converter

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi avid RAW converting image hackers,

I just gave up on downloading Lightroom. I started out with a valid TAN that came with my Leica T and ended up with some obscure "Creative Cloud Desktop" that was demanding verification of my email adress.  Between these two I went through four or five revolutions of entering codes, creating accounts, entering passwords, downloading downloaders, being sent back to yet another website, new credentials, new passwords, more this, more that, -- no Lightroom, no functioning RAW conversion -- this is really sickening me to death, having wasted some two or three hours on obtaining a software that was supposed to be for free.

Therefore my questions

1) What exactly can I do with my RAW files that I can not do with any other RAW converter?

2) How about those built in lens corrections that are coded into the DNG? Can I have such lens profiles independently from Lightroom?

3) Is there an alternative RAW converter (preferably for the Ubuntu-Linux environment) that will transform Leica T specific DNG information?

any input is appreciated

Edited by floramobil

Thank you for referring me to rawstudio. I did not know them I assume, the tethered shooting part won't do its tricks on Leica T. I wonder if they have lens specific corrections.

Thank you also for reminding me of darktable. The last time I looked at was a few years ago and it had only basic functions. Seems to be advanced by now.

Guest satrycon

the OP asked "Is there an alternative RAW converter preferably for the Ubuntu-Linux environment"  so i posted links for Linux Software.

Neither of these appear to support Windows, is that correct or am I missing something?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...