More Q Images, Romania and Germany

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Its been a while i dont post, so i wanted to share some of my recent images taken with this great camera.

Comments and critics welcome!

29016030681_30ceaed4ec_b.jpgL1020414 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

29016029911_872859868a_b.jpgL1020364 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

28526131850_973bbbd046_b.jpgL1020269 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

28778926556_da0f32d2e7_b.jpgL1020325 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

28109380784_d0b238cd31_b.jpgL1010856 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

28462877762_f5a1ddd7a2_b.jpgL1010494 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

28810739165_dd23a591fb_b.jpgL1020219 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

28649739091_348337dd84_b.jpgL1010613 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

27572166706_640e3d4c14_b.jpgL1060346 by Alejandro Ilukewitsch, on Flickr

Edited by Malabito
  • Like 11

Love your images!  Fantastic job! Thinking of getting the Leica Q myself as an addition to my M8.2. 

thanks! the Q is a great machine. I still have my issues with it, and prefer my M :) but it does bring amazing results, and its easy to use, almost point and shoot :)

You're welcome. I am excited to own a Q someday. What issues are you having with it? I also have the M8.2 which I love even though it is old. I like it's point and shoot capabilities too when it is set from f8 to f16 for hyperfocal distance focusing.

Is it worth owning a Q? Heard and read so many good things about it specially the ease of use and auto focusing, video, wifi and macro capabilities.  Would appreciate your feedback. Aloha. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You're welcome. I am excited to own a Q someday. What issues are you having with it? I also have the M8.2 which I love even though it is old. I like it's point and shoot capabilities too when it is set from f8 to f16 for hyperfocal distance focusing.

Is it worth owning a Q? Heard and read so many good things about it specially the ease of use and auto focusing, video, wifi and macro capabilities.  Would appreciate your feedback. Aloha. 

The camera indeed is a joy to use, but also has things that I consider keep them away from been the perfect machine :) (this a copy paste from another post I did):

· High iso – is not a high iso camera. Actually even the Sony A7ii which was not good, might be better.

· Banding – if files are pushed, and only a few steps, banding will appear. I read that this was also a problem with the M, that was solved with a firmware update. I hope the same will happen. It is not a big issue if you don´t tend to over-edit your files, but it does happen.

· Auto Exposure Lock – it doesn’t have a well implemented function. If you want to lock exposure you need to leave the button pressed. That means that you cannot use AEL with the Exposure compensation wheel. Ex: Lock exposure, and then use Exposure compensation, since you must leave your finger on the AE button pressed. Horrible design.

· I never had overexposure issues with my other cameras, with the Q its been a bit hard to get the exposure right. I tend to overexpose, not sure why.

· Camera focuses fast, but only in AFS, AFC is useless. Regarding AFS don’t expect dslr performance. Is really good, but not dslr good.

· Buffer is slow, but is not a machine gun camera style.

·  Video I dont know never use it.

· The rx1 has better image quality, but definitely the Q is more fun camera to use.

I have a lot of images in my flickr, if interested just pass by and take a look :)

flickr.com/malabito

The camera indeed is a joy to use, but also has things that I consider keep them away from been the perfect machine  :) (this a copy paste from another post I did):

· High iso – is not a high iso camera. Actually even the Sony A7ii which was not good, might be better.

· Banding – if files are pushed, and only a few steps, banding will appear. I read that this was also a problem with the M, that was solved with a firmware update. I hope the same will happen. It is not a big issue if you don´t tend to over-edit your files, but it does happen.

· Auto Exposure Lock – it doesn’t have a well implemented function. If you want to lock exposure you need to leave the button pressed. That means that you cannot use AEL with the Exposure compensation wheel. Ex: Lock exposure, and then use Exposure compensation, since you must leave your finger on the AE button pressed. Horrible design.

· I never had overexposure issues with my other cameras, with the Q its been a bit hard to get the exposure right. I tend to overexpose, not sure why.

· Camera focuses fast, but only in AFS, AFC is useless. Regarding AFS don’t expect dslr performance. Is really good, but not dslr good.

· Buffer is slow, but is not a machine gun camera style.

·  Video I dont know never use it.

· The rx1 has better image quality, but definitely the Q is more fun camera to use.

I have a lot of images in my flickr, if interested just pass by and take a look  :)

Thank you Neuer for your feedback regarding your issues with the Leica Q.

I will take into consideration these issues you mentioned before I buy one. I tried this camera at the Leica Store in LA recently.  I hope  I could play with it again before I buy one. 

I will check out your flickr page. Aloha.