Results from a new Agfa Isolate III (HELP!)

sblitz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is the result, ready to send camera back to seller, was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what happened here -- this is throughout the roll. Below is #6 out of 12 ...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hard to tell. A lot of possibilities. Must not be the camera. After exposure you should make sure that the film roll is tightly rolled up. And I would recommend to keep roll-film in the dark after it is sealed. It's lightproof enough for loading and unloading the camera, but not for hours or days until developed. Then light comes in from both edges. If so this should be worse at the outside of the roll. So looking how the failure is spread over the film sometimes is helpful to find the problem. If the roll is not rolled up properly something like this can happen. Not all cameras roll the film up with enough strength, so I set it tight before sealing.

If you already have taken care of this, then it might be a problem with the camera. Guess you mean the Agfa Isolette?
Then it could be the bellow. Sometimes you can discover this by looking in the opened camera while holding it against bright light.
Or, if you have a lab, leave it in the sun for may be an hour filled with a sheet of photographic paper.
A hole in the bellow can normally easily be fix with black tape.

• Like 1

Thanks all!!!! Purchased it from Jurgen Kreckel and he put a new bellows on. We emailed each other this morning and I am sending it back for him to check. Each frame looks pretty much exactly like this one. I am beginning to think it is a bellows light leak. I have had issues before with my Fuji 645w when the film isn't rolled tight enough and the leak doesn't look like this.

Shame because just one role and I really began to enjoy it. Hopefully he can repair and return.

Yes Pico, I am becoming a fan. It is a lot of fun, no question. And the quality from my Fuji is great, a number of my shots out west are posted on my website (they are the more square looking shots) :-) my experience with the Fuji moved me to try the Agfa. Small light camera. Slow but fun. Looks like big results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1