Power Pack for R8 Winder

chellm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hullo everybody.

I'm experiencing a problem with the power pack [14250] of the winder for the R8 [14209]. When I mount it on the winder the winder stops working, i.e. it doesn't advance the film and the shutter button doesn't fire. I have to advance manually the film (by the proper lever) and then press the button.

When I separate the power pack from the winder everything goes back to normality..

Somebody has advised to clean all contacts - something that I did it - but it didn't make any improvment (by the way the 2 male pins of the power pack are very tiny and anything used to clean them can be retained inside..)

I tried both (power pack and winder ) on the 2nd R8 that I have - same identical behaviour.

Before writing to Solms I ask what I can experiment to make the power pack no blocking the winder and if any has experienced same problem ever..

The power pack is supposed to extend alimentation / power to camera: is maybe one feature of power pack to shut off the winder and to advance film manually to save batteries ? The manual and brochure don't mention at allo my supposition..

R8 # 2775655 - the winder has # 04667 close to tommy screw - batteries new and of very well known brand, very "durable"

Thanks for any clue.

Hi!

Seems, that the Nicd's of the power pack are dead. Just check the voltage. Fully charged the power pack should give you over 6 V ( 5x1,2V; a fully charged Nicd will give you of course more than the nominal voltage. )

Did you ever replaced the batteries of the powerpack?

I had to replace the batteries on my power pack. Can easily be done.

regards,

Torsten

Hullo Torsten !

Thank you for your reply. Sinceraly I didn't expect the batteries / elements to be dead as I bought it new.. Anyway your suggestion can be of higher level reason - the pack is faulty - and it is not of a more casual reason due to.. whatsoever.

I will check the voltage..

After your reply I realized that the pack has a number of tiny screws easily to remove. I will do it and let you / the forum to know.

Ciao and thank you

Mauro

Hallo Torsten and anyone else !

Your suggestion was correct, the voltage was much lower of 6 v. I discharged and recharged the pack and now it works properly. Nevertheless there must be some voltage dispersion because I charged very recently and I didn't expect to have the voltage  power so low already.

Mauro

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...