35 Summilux ASPH (pre fle) hood question...

Kupo43

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey guys,

Was wondering if you could help me out. Does anyone know the exact model number of the 35 Lux ASPH (pre fle) hood? I'm in the process of trading for one but I need a new hood cap for it and I'm not sure which of the hoods I need to buy for. I've also heard other goods are available for it that have less viewfinder blockage, does anyone have any expertise or advice on that?

Thanks again!

Mine came with 12589 hood.

The hood's cap is 14040.

I doubt that 12466 (as Michael pointed to) could have hood's cap.

Arnaud

Thank you Arnaud, I'm going to see if I can order the metal hood for it so its stays on the camera easily. From what I've seen, I believe the hood can attach onto the lens backwards in order to store it. In that case, I just need a front lens cap for the 35.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

From what I've seen, I believe the hood can attach onto the lens backwards in order to store it. In that case, I just need a front lens cap for the 35.

12589 which, whilst expensive, is the 'correct' and as far as I am aware, only hood currently available for the 35mm pre-FLE Aspheric lens (mine has this hood on at the moment) and does not attach to the lens backwards (I've just tried it and it won't). Its price is high but not astronomical. I doubt the extremely expensive (sometimes ludicrously so now) and out of production 12466 hood will do so either as the lens tab will almost certainly prevent it from doing so. You might find a third party E46 hood which is cheap enough to modify which you might be able to reverse but I doubt it.

The 12466 will require a mortgage payment.

Leica gonna Leica. Also, I can't even find one for sale anywhere at this point so it looks like I'm stuck with the plastic hood at this point. Unfortunately, I think my partner in the trade is backing out of the deal so I'll be stuck with the Cron for now.

Leica gonna Leica. Also, I can't even find one for sale anywhere at this point so it looks like I'm stuck with the plastic hood at this point. Unfortunately, I think my partner in the trade is backing out of the deal so I'll be stuck with the Cron for now.

Here's a nice one for what is the normal pricing. I got one for a pretty fair price a while back:

http://www.studiolighting.net/items/Leica-Lens-Hood-12466-Mint-In-Box-For-35mm-F-1-4-28mm-F-2-28mm-F-2-8-_141964993848.html

• 2 weeks later...

Why retail?

Ebay is a wonderful place. And please note that I proudly say EBAY as opposed to "evil bay", "the auction site", "the Bay" or any other name that many people seem to prefer for no logical reason other then a fear of calling it by its name :)