Still growing green.

platypus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

South East Forests National Park, New South Wales. Australia.

Not yet logged.

M9 and 28/2.8 Elmarit.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Dee,

yours is a nice frame for a chaotic jungle. Respect!

I find it always difficult to find a good frame in a forest. It is always a challenge. If found a good frame the question of exposure is the next Problem. But here it worked quite well and the small part of burnt sky can be neglected. Or perhaps a cropping just an Inch from the top?

How about b&w conversion? Then the texture of the different kinds of foliage could be interesting. But this is just a suggestion. I do not know whether it will work. The shades of green are likewise very attractive.

• Like 1

Iduna,

Thank you so much for your detailed response and for your very pertinent suggestions, this little shot was just a quick snapshot and really only exists as a counterpoint to the burning forest image.

I took it because the light was so lovely through the tree canopy. The sky actually was whited-out with high cirrus cloud and so really quite hopeless, it doesn't worry me with this image as the overall green is so predominant....yes, I can live with it!

As for cropping that's something I almost never, never do, can't really say why but I just feel I have failed somehow if an image requires cropping in pp.....silly I know but there it is!....but again, thank you so much!