Sekonic L-398A Sensor Question

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Ramarren,

As per my Post #15 above:

As per replacing a PX13 or a PX625 mercury cell with a S357 silver oxide cell without recalibrating the meter internally:

Take a 15mm stainless steel split ring of high quality & grab the inside with a pair of needle nose pliers.

And curl the INSIDE of the split ring inward to make the shape of a watch/clock balance spring.

Do this little by little until the internal central curl has a smaller diameter than the diameter of the S357 cell.

Make sure that the OUTSIDE diameter stays just a bit larger than the nest for the battery.

Make sure all is clean.

Put the split ring over the battery.

Put the 2 which are now together into the nest. Make sure:

+ side of battery up.

There is contact both on the bottom & on the side.

Close the door.

SET THE ISO TO +1.5 DIN HIGHER THAN THE FILM'S SPEED.

Whether you are using the box speed or your own speed.

This works just fine with a Minolta 101 also. Even with its early matrix metering.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

Hello Everybody,

A small correction to my Post #14 here yesterday:

I wrote that the metering range of a Metrastar (Handheld) meter is: -4 EV to + 17 EV when the meter is set to ISO 100/21

In fact I should have written that the range is: -3 EV to + 18 EV for the Metrastar (Handheld) meter when the meter is set to ISO 100/21.

It is the Gossen Lunapro (Handheld) meter that has a range of: -4 EV to + 17 EV when the meter is set at ISO 100/21.

Best Regards,

Michael 

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

I have the meter, and love it ..... A suggestion is to get the small cards that go into the top. Once in, it becomes faster because you can just look at the f/stop for the where the needle lands and thats it --- no need to worry whether the iso dial has moved (which it does)

• Like 1