What will be you next M lense

Infantasy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you're thinking of a 90mm lens and don't mind f4 max aperture, you should look at the 90/4 Elmar-C. I got one a few weeks ago and I'm really happy with it.

Also very cheap!

Here's an example...

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/uploads/monthly_07_2016/post-29476-0-05968900-1468884942.jpg

Ernst

Edited by Ernstk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I recently bought a M9 and a pre-A 35/f1.4. I propose to buy one more lense either standard or tele but preferably in f2.

Any suggestion from you guy?

Thanks.

Since you mention prefer F2, definitely the Summicron 50, pre Asph would be an excellent choice and compliment your first lens. My favorite all round lens and can find second hand reasonably priced. New is still available. Edited by billinghambaglady

Since you mention prefer F2, definitely the Summicron 50, pre Asph would be an excellent choice and compliment your first lens. My favorite all round lens and can find second hand reasonably priced. New is still available.

Sorry I don't know which version is pre ASPH. Is it version 5 (1994-2013)?

Sorry I don't know which version is pre ASPH. Is it version 5 (1994-2013)?

As far as I know, all Summicron 50mm versions prior to the Summicron 50 Apo Aspherical which is extremely expensive are non Aspherical. So any of those versions should be great. I own version 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Summaron 35 arriving tomorrow without the goggles. How hard is it to find the goggles by themselves? May just sell it along if it's difficult.

If it is a lens made for the use with goggles  it will be impossible to focus correctly with them missing.

The lens will be locked at infinity, and even if the infinity lock is broken it will mis-focus at all other distances, increasingly so as subject distance diminishes.

If it is a lens made for use  without goggles it will be impossible to fit them.

See the post above.

I would put the chance of finding goggles without lens at very low, but who knows, Lady Luck may help..

A lens with missing goggles will be near-impossible to sell.

Thanks all for your input. I eventually bought a used 50 summicron V4. But have a little bit sad cos the lenses had some haze in the middle len which I was not aware during checking. Although no visible effect on the image, I would bring it to clean by a technician.

BTW, even some guys prefer the old lenses, it is hard to find a good condition old lenses in the 2nd hand market after had this bad experience. Hence I would rather buy a V5 if I could have a chance again.

Edited by Infantasy