Artin the forest - BW shadows

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica Q

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Michael,

thank you so much!

Louis, War

yes, I thought about that also, Louis. But then I thought it balances the Image to leave it as the counterpart of light to the right side.

Thank you both very much for this nice discussion.

samwells,

thank you for encouraging me, I will try it on my big printer. Perhaps this may be the occasion on which to try out one of those fine art papers. But I need first to enhance my knowledge about those qualities.

Hi Iduna,

This is really interesting, artistic and creative, the toning and the border you have used give a distinctly 'alternative process' feeling to the image.

But just one little thing strikes me...I find the highlight area at the lower right of the frame is very slightly too bright (this is my opinion only and

not a criticism) ....it may well be what you intended, but I find it draws my eye just a little too much.

Regarding the little white line on the left side; IMHO it is an important part of the composition and should stay.

This lovely image will make a wonderful print on something like Canson Photographique Rag 310...my favourite. 

• Like 1

Hi Iduna,

This is really interesting, artistic and creative, the toning and the border you have used give a distinctly 'alternative process' feeling to the image.

But just one little thing strikes me...I find the highlight area at the lower right of the frame is very slightly too bright (this is my opinion only and

not a criticism) ....it may well be what you intended, but I find it draws my eye just a little too much.

Regarding the little white line on the left side; IMHO it is an important part of the composition and should stay.

This lovely image will make a wonderful print on something like Canson Photographique Rag 310...my favourite. 

Hi,Dee,

very nice your feedback, thank you!

It is interesting that you noticed that problem with the bright Corner. In fact I did already bring it down in pp. So your response to that is convincing me for further adaption and correction. Good that we have this forum...

• Like 1