And the winner is ...

christoph_d

Advertisement (gone after registration)

We have a clear winner of the Barnack Challenge AUTOPORTRAIT:

Farnz with the Picture Robot-man and a total of 23 points

He is followed by Her Berger with the picture Mirrored and 13 points and

Alan Philpott with the picture Motorportrait and 11 points. 

Congratulations Pete! And congratulations and thank you to the runner ups (or do you say runners up?) and of course to all of you who participated in picture taking and voting. 

Pete it is now up to you to set out the next challenge.

Best regards,

Christoph

• Like 5

Congratulations Pete.

I have always considered you a fine and worthy competitor and you have proven it.

You may now 'tilt your cap' to Andreas Feininger, and join his club.

Congratulations to Her Berger and Alan Philpott as well for doing so well.

It was a fun competition and I was pleased to see the diversity of interpretations of christoph's Challenge.

Now looking forward to what Pete can challenge us with.

• Like 3

Thank you to those who liked my entry and very kindly voted for it!  Congratulations to all who took part and in particular to the worthy runners up, Her Berger and Alan Philpotts.  I thought that all of the pictures submitted for the challenge were very good indeed and there were some very interesting interpretations of the topic.

I will start the 31st Barnack's Challenge in early November so please keep an eye out for it and the more members who can be gently persuaded, encouraged, coaxed, coerced, tricked, compelled, pressured, bullied, or beaten into taking part then the richer the Challenge will be.   Well perhaps not coerced, tricked, compelled, pressured, bullied, or beaten but I feel sure you get what I mean. :D

Robot-Pete.

• Like 4

Congratulations Pete !!

That was a well compsed and executed photo - I know also taken under considerable time pressure, close to the competition deadline, as earlier equipment could not meet the criteria for the challenge.  An imaginative and well rendered result.

• Like 2

Congratulations Pete, it's a terrific, cinematic shot. Also congratulations to the runners-up for producing very nice photographs indeed.

Thanks also for an exciting Challenge and theme. I am looking forward to the next one. 

Best 

Philip

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I will be in Paris over New Year so I will post details of the next Barnack's Challenge in January.

Die kommenden Tage, über Neujahr, bin ich in Paris. Ich werde die Details der nächsten Barnack Challenge danach, im Januar, veröffentlichen.

With kind regards,

Pete.

• Like 3