The joy of a hot summer day

Louis

With each picture you prove how excellent combinations are your eye, Leica T and Nikon manual lenses! Louis, focusing manually, do you focus on back screen or do you use EVF? Are B&W pictures jpegs from camera, or do you convert DNG files? If converts, do you use Lr, PS or something third!

Matic

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind feedback. :)

That's great Louis, you got me started with a smile this morning. ☺ . Tony.

Tony, it is so good to see you around here; and, thanks so much for your encouraging feedback. :)

Terrific.

Stuart, thank you very much.

Beautifully captured! Charmante!!

Very kind of you, Nko; your kind words are very much appreciated.

With each picture you prove how excellent combinations are your eye, Leica T and Nikon manual lenses! Louis, focusing manually, do you focus on back screen or do you use EVF? Are B&W pictures jpegs from camera, or do you convert DNG files? If converts, do you use Lr, PS or something third!

Matic

Thank you so much for your kind comments, dear Matic.

I always shoot in RAW and since I have an old Photoshop, I convert my raw files to tiff in LR. Then, in Photoshop, I make the fixes before converting them to B/W in Silver Efex.

For this shot, I had 85 mm on, which as you know, makes around 127 mm on ASPC sensor. Therefore, I was not very close to the kids who were too busy playing without really noticing me. It is also a little cropped! 

I feel much more comfortable to use the excellent EVF of T. I think I never took a shot through the LCD of this camera since I am using MF. It works much better for manual lenses and the magnifier is really good. Now, I am getting a little better for guessing the distance on the lens for this kind of quick shots and I do not focus on the lens. Obviously, AF is much faster for quick shots and I always used it on my DLux cameras.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you all for your kind feedback. :)

Tony, it is so good to see you around here; and, thanks so much for your encouraging feedback. :)

Stuart, thank you very much.

Very kind of you, Nko; your kind words are very much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your kind comments, dear Matic.

I always shoot in RAW and since I have an old Photoshop, I convert my raw files to tiff in LR. Then, in Photoshop, I make the fixes before converting them to B/W in Silver Efex.

For this shot, I had 85 mm on, which as you know, makes around 127 mm on ASPC sensor. Therefore, I was not very close to the kids who were too busy playing without really noticing me. It is also a little cropped! 

I feel much more comfortable to use the excellent EVF of T. I think I never took a shot through the LCD of this camera since I am using MF. It works much better for manual lenses and the magnifier is really good. Now, I am getting a little better for guessing the distance on the lens for this kind of quick shots and I do not focus on the lens. Obviously, AF is much faster for quick shots and I always used it on my DLux cameras.

Thank you very much for your comprehensive answer! I use pretty much the same procedure although I don't use LR, but PS and Silver Efex! Agree also on excellent EFV, I used it constantly on X type 113, before sell combo only for buy Summilux 28. Once again, Leica T with manual Nikkors is awesome - I'm just curious how manual Nikkors would perform with M 240?!

Matic

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your comprehensive answer! I use pretty much the same procedure although I don't use LR, but PS and Silver Efex! Agree also on excellent EFV, I used it constantly on X type 113, before sell combo only for buy Summilux 28. Once again, Leica T with manual Nikkors is awesome - I'm just curious how manual Nikkors would perform with M 240?!

Matic

Not having a Leica M, I am the wrong person to answer your question about Nikkor lenses on M. But if I can recall, I think saw some comments about problems Nikkor lenses may have on M because of the distance between the lens and the sensor! ... But I believe it safer to not take my word for it! ;) ...

Not having a Leica M, I am the wrong person to answer your question about Nikkor lenses on M. But if I can recall, I think saw some comments about problems Nikkor lenses may have on M because of the distance between the lens and the sensor! ... But I believe it safer to not take my word for it! ;) ...

Strange, I believe, that distance from lens to sensor in T iz even shorter...

• 2 weeks later...

Love your style Louis and your control on the camera with different lenses, great!

And in a moment like the one we are living now when media are so full of sad pictures of children due to war situations seeing a smiling one in a photo full of joy is quite refreshing|

Thanks for this!

robert

• Like 1

Robert, thank you so much for your very kind feedback and your comments about children. I just saw in the news thre image of that little 5 year old kid covered of dust that was saved from a destructed building in the ware zone; and believe me, I don't feel very proud of posting my shot!

• Like 1