Wroclaw (Breslau) during rain at night

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

We had a week there in Wroclaw (Breslau) and the weather was wet and cold even it meant tobe spring. But there is a special charmes of colour when the streets are wet and shining in the lights.

The view is on the Rynek, the central place seen from a bylane.

Leica Q, handheld

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

This is a terrific image. How do you color balance for these night shots, AWB? It's remarkable that these buildings are so well lit for us, but the light sources used range from tungsten to sodium to mercury all with different color results.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

war,

yes, that is an interesting question.

I know that the constrast is very high an I do not like burnt spots and the light colours also should be there. 

Usually for thuch pictures my settings are AWB,Auto ISO and then I guess how long the shutterspeed can be without getting blurred images. So let it be maximum 1/30. If my histogram gives me a warning of overexposure I go down with the exposure so far that the blinkies are at a minimum level. The displays is only showing jpgs so that there is still some potential in the Raw files.

That's it. In processing I adapt a little bit the sky if it shows the orange effect of light pollution. The shadows can remain dark and do not need texture. In this case the bright reflection of the ground helped to light up the image. I apply  Nik filter Denoise 2, which I found one of the best software on this field. I did not change WB, which does not mean that in some cases where necessary the effect of temperature can be applied on separate parts.

The Q makes it easy because its sensor is remarkbly versatile.

• Like 1

True enough but the photographer still matters more! Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well stated, you and Iduna have that aspect well under control. And both of you have done some remarkable things with the Q.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

John,

oh many thanks for liking the picture!

Brent,

thank you so much for your encourging feedback. I am always surprised what the "Q" can take. But I also use for those shots a special breath control. I shoot when the body is calm at the short moment after the breath is gone before a new circle starts. That short moment is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom,

thank you so much for your nice response! I am happy you like it.

Rodrigue,

well, your words are of course much appreciated....but they will inspire me for more visions to churn out of the "Q"....this camera is such an incredible tool like a music instrument almost....