Summarit Designer

Giacomo.B

• 4 weeks later...

In German public TV about Leica was nevertheless noted that a team under female leadership is responsible for the Summarit line. Their name was mentioned only briefly and also mumbling.
Even as a male Leica-fan, I find this behavior to be quite hurtful.

Best

Ludwig

I swear the Summarit line has some of the best modern rendering even against the Cron and Lux lines, especially against the Aspherical lenses which tend to have really donut-shaped bokeh.

The Summarit 35mm f2.5 is my workhorse lens. I take it everywhere, and while it's not super shallow like a Summilux, it's rendering is really smooth and buttery. The 50mm turned out to be just as lovely.

As someone who has used one for the last 18+ months every week, I can thoroughly recommend it as a much more affordable alternative.

In German public TV about Leica was nevertheless noted that a team under female leadership is responsible for the Summarit line. Their name was mentioned only briefly and also mumbling.

Even as a male Leica-fan, I find this behavior to be quite hurtful.

Best

Ludwig

And as a non-chauvinist, non-misogynist, heterosexual male, I find your feminist sensitivity too exaggerated.

Edited by edwardkaraa
  • Like 1

I swear the Summarit line has some of the best modern rendering even against the Cron and Lux lines, especially against the Aspherical lenses which tend to have really donut-shaped bokeh.

The Summarit 35mm f2.5 is my workhorse lens. I take it everywhere, and while it's not super shallow like a Summilux, it's rendering is really smooth and buttery. The 50mm turned out to be just as lovely.

As someone who has used one for the last 18+ months every week, I can thoroughly recommend it as a much more affordable alternative.

I had a Summarit 2.5/35 and very much liked it's rendering, often taking it out instead of my 1.4/35 Summilux ASPH. Unfortunately the corners weren't soft, they were downright mushy well into the image and I don't say this as someone obsessed with sharp corners.  Maybe it was just my particular lens but I sold it regardless.