Need some advice on a compact bag for the Leica S

leicapages

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For me anyway its a perfect fit, I also have the Birmingham 335 that I sometimes use when traveling from A to B ............I will pack my Harley Pro in my check in luggage and then use the Harley pro for my walk around bag

The kind of use I was looking for with the bag is for one to fit in the carry on (not checked) trolley. It seems the Hadley Pro is bulging indeed. I am to receive both the Hadley Pro and fStop 1.4 bags and will see which one fits best.

Friend,
It was the most successful bag on Kickstarter and is often out of stock.
It is my only bag for an 006 with 70mm attached, along with both the 35mm and 120mm Zeiss for Contax 645 lenses. It is a perfect fit. A careful read will reveal the very thoughtful and careful design and craftsmanship. Very impressive attention to detail. Clever features include very unique magnetic clips that make access very easy, as does the zipper on the top which exposes the contents without opening the bag. A sleeve in the flap accommodates a full size tripod. The bag uniquely expands in width depending on the contents. A zippered section has many little divisions for the obligatory doo-dads. The material is a handsome nylon canvas fabric that seems quite stout, and the unique "origami" section dividers are the best I have ever seen.
The bag rests very comfortably on the hip and can be further secured by an integrated chest strap that tucks away nicely when not in use. It does not scream camera bag. Rather, more a handsome messenger bag. And it stands on its own - in many ways.
The price - approximately $220 US - leaves significant coin on the table for other indiscretions. 

This is the confession of a recovering bag addict. I need no other fix.

Cheers

David

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Deliberate1
  • Like 3

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

The kind of use I was looking for with the bag is for one to fit in the carry on (not checked) trolley. It seems the Hadley Pro is bulging indeed. I am to receive both the Hadley Pro and fStop 1.4 bags and will see which one fits best.

What did you get....................the Harley right :) :)

What did you get....................the Harley right :) :)

Cannot make up my mind. Have both bags sitting in front of me. The short story:

- fStop 1.4 is a smoother fit as it is a bit wider than the Hadley Pro. So no bulge here.

- Hadley Pro is a little less comfortable to hold the camera as it bulges. But it is feasible.

- I much prefer the look of the Hadley Pro over the fStop: the top handle (missing on the fStop - how could they do that?) and overall design.

Though one.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Cannot make up my mind. Have both bags sitting in front of me. The short story:

- fStop 1.4 is a smoother fit as it is a bit wider than the Hadley Pro. So no bulge here.

- Hadley Pro is a little less comfortable to hold the camera as it bulges. But it is feasible.

- I much prefer the look of the Hadley Pro over the fStop: the top handle (missing on the fStop - how could they do that?) and overall design.

Though one.

Pascal

Trust me the Harley Pro works great, its got plenty of room for 3 lenses and body, plus filters battery and paperwork. And the build quality is unmatched.

the top handle (missing on the fStop - how could they do that?) and overall design.

I have the f1.4 and agree that a top handle would be nice, but I recognise that the bag was built first and foremost for low weight: only in fibrenight (not the heavier canvas), minimum pockets and extra buckles, no top handle, no leather or studs on the base. 

(NB only the Pro bags in the Hadley range have a top handle - I don't understand the logic in this case).