Taking care of her wheat.

XVarior

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is a scene that could belong to the past but, in remote villages, some people still produce, harvest and stock their own supplies for winter times.

Here's an example I found of a lady taking care of a wheat portion on the roof of her house. She would leave it there under the sun and steer it with her hands for days to dry then the wheat gets milled to become grits.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 19

Excellent -- I love the slight motion blur in her hand. The context of this picture -- an age-old practice updated to contemporary rooftops -- adds to the image.

Glad you enjoyed it Alun. Missing you over this forum.

Only thing that could improve this picture is a cloudy and dramatic sky over her..............but in the real life is impossible to control everything.

Very nice Shot !!!!

I wish I had that sky. I'm a dramatic skies lover. Unfortunately, this was a late hot summer afternoon where everything was so dull except her and her activity. I'll be back there soon for more action. Stay tuned:-)

Her face express relaxed feeling of well being,  well being of her everyday - may say routine - something to admire in the times of constant fear and stress all around the world...

Matic

You're so right Matic. The serenity you see on the face of those paisans could not be found elsewhere anymore. No worries here, she lives with her husband a very natural non-demanding life. Stress has no place here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...