The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo

Leica Q Firmware 2.1 Wishlist

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#141 HaraldSix

HaraldSix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:32

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
First post here on the forums, I've been traveling through Europe and Asia the last 4 months, with the Q as my primary camera (I also do wedding work with the Q) and here's my list for a firmware update:

- I want live view in manual mode
- The timer should not be reset after every picture
- Give us a user menu
- I want the fn, delete, movie button and the button in the middle of the arrows as function keys which I can change the function to by long pressing them (so no need for extra menu options)
- Focus menu should get a fix, so it's more logical
- Focus mode should be possible to be changed by a function key
- Add more touchscreen shortcuts and implementation
- Panorama should be better, it often fails
- OIS should be automatic in movie mode (or just give us more options for video)
- The info on the live view screen should be configurable (I don't care about the scene mode and a level gauge would be nice without all the other info)
- The arrows should still change the focus point in touch screen mode.
- Give us the option to change the ISO with the wheel, without having to press an other button.
- Custom name profiles please
- AE lock should be possible without holding down the button
- Manual video
- I don't get why leica bothered with so many scene modes and digital shutter sound!? You can delete those options I think.

That's all ;) Hope 90℅ of these improvements make it to firmware 3.0
  • Vidas911 said thank you to this

#142 SonomaBear

SonomaBear

Slow hands, wide glass, Leica & Canon kits

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSonoma, California
  • City / Ort:Sonoma

Posted 11 February 2017 - 23:06

The "user" system gives us four personalities for our Qs
(Leica, please let me name them!)
My "User 3" is like the M-D 262 -- pure simplicity, no LCD, direct access to Aperture, Shutter, ISO, and White Balance (via Fn) -- autofocus if desired.

Leica Q with me at all times.  DSLR kit only when 28mm will not be proper.

#143 drdannn

drdannn

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,196 posts
  • City / Ort:Encino, Ca. USA

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:53

Sorry if someone else already mentioned this: I went to the Leica store today and played with the Q. The thing that was a deal buster for me was that I could not turn off the LCD. My D Lux 109 has this feature and it is really essential for me. Do any of you know how to turn off the LCD. No one at the Leica store could do it.

Dan F., Los Angeles, California, USA.

#144 matlep

matlep

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:43

They must have had the old firmware installed. It is in the setting for the 2.0 version.

#145 Infiniumguy

Infiniumguy

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 12 February 2017 - 15:14

Sorry if someone else already mentioned this: I went to the Leica store today and played with the Q. The thing that was a deal buster for me was that I could not turn off the LCD. My D Lux 109 has this feature and it is really essential for me. Do any of you know how to turn off the LCD. No one at the Leica store could do it.

So simple. Just select EVF in the Display menu. Turns off the LCD.

#146 Voxen

Voxen

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNice, France

Posted 12 February 2017 - 19:36

To me the most awaited feature would be a "favorites" menu like in the M10, which would show first when pressing the menu key.
If Leica do it for the next firmware I'll be very happy. This is a simple feature that would solve many ergonomics issues.
  • rochus, wda and leetmode said thank you to this

#147 faxao

faxao

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationMilano

Posted 13 February 2017 - 17:51

To me the most awaited feature would be a "favorites" menu like in the M10, which would show first when pressing the menu key.
If Leica do it for the next firmware I'll be very happy. This is a simple feature that would solve many ergonomics issues.

+1

• rochus said thank you to this

#148 Infiniumguy

Infiniumguy

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 13 February 2017 - 22:53

+1

+1

#149 wda

wda

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 6,316 posts
  • City / Ort:Wiltshire UK

Posted 13 February 2017 - 23:15

That would be a brilliant and most welcome feature.

David
www.davidaskham.com -
(Leica user since ... a very long time ago)

#150 leetmode

leetmode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 15:01

Agreed. This and the option to turn off Noise Reduction are on top of my list.

#151 prk60091

prk60091

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • City / Ort:Chicago

Posted 17 February 2017 - 18:46

They must have had the old firmware installed. It is in the setting for the 2.0 version.

i just discovered that setting along with the setting for no review of images (i.e. no chimping) -- totally changes the way i shoot..(for the better)

take a peek @ my pix http://prk60091.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic