Leica Q - All white Exposures / Over exposing random shots

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All,

I have a very strange problem with my Q, one which I hoped the v2 firmware would fix but it hasn't.

Every now and again, during normal use, the camera suddenly sets itself to a 1 sec exposure, effectively shooting a white frame.  It then consistently meters for this setting until I switch the camera off or until  I move the dial from A to any setting and then back a

I am shooting in AP mode and the camera seems to do this quite randomly, sometimes not doing it for ages then doing it quite often which is very annoying.

I've tried a factory default reset both on firmware 1.1 and 2 but the problem still happens as I say, quite randomly.

Has anyone else had this issue?  If so, is there a setting or something in the menu that I need to change etc?

All suggestions welcome!

Paul

Paul, I routinely shoot in aperture priority mode and have never noticed this problem. If you have done a factory reset and the problem persists, maybe it's time for Leica to take a look at it.

Sporadically occurring issues are always hard to diagnose. Can you think of any consistent patterns of use (settings, scenes being photographed, etc) leading up to this occurrence, maybe that'll help making the issue more reproducible.

-alex

If you have done a factory reset and the problem persists, maybe it's time for Leica to take a look at it.

Agreed - take or send it back to your dealer, but talk to them first.  If it is a very recent purchase investigate DOA status. If not then I'm afraid a visit to Wetzlar is on the cards. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Search the forum, a few members have reported it intermittently happening one out of a few hundred or few thousand shots.  Probably a software glitch in the metering as it seems to happen just in Av mode and turning the shutter speed dial off of "A" and back resolves the issue.

Search the forum, a few members have reported it intermittently happening one out of a few hundred or few thousand shots.  Probably a software glitch in the metering as it seems to happen just in Av mode and turning the shutter speed dial off of "A" and back resolves the issue.

I have had it happen twice in 6,000 pics. And all I did was turn the shutter speed dial off "A" and back again and all good.

Edited by Big T